Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

Greetings ChessTalkers.

My name is Henry Lam and I would like you to join me in starting a vibrant new era on ChessTalk. We have run into many unexpected obstacles in restarting and updating the website/Forum, as the transition will only take effect on June 10th. We request your forbearance during this period.

A number of exciting features are planned, we'd like to encourage new voices, and nurture the outstanding contributors CT has gathered over the years, Larry, Wayne Komer, Hans Jung, Victor Plotkin, Vlad D, Egis, etc.

Moderation will be kept to a minimum, abuse abhorred, trolls tempered.

Finally, I'd like to thank Larry Bevand for his stewardship of this great forum.

The Dark Knight

Re: Hello

Keep up Larry's good work - although I hope your "Dark Knight" name won't be a trend to allow people not to use their real names when posting.

Comment

Hi Henry, just wanted to thank you for making a bold move and keeping a great existing chess service alive. Despite any criticism, know that most people appreciate the gesture.

Comment

Hello Henry,

Thanks for posting and indicating what the plans are ... looking forward to the changes you intend to make.
        I would like to sincerely thank you for stepping forward and obtaining this site (and the history!) and undertaking the renovations!

I would suggest:
        1. keep the requirement of real names and registration (with email address!)
        2. consider moderation (perhaps asking for volunteers for short periods of service?)
        3. do NOT allow threads unrelated to chess (unless you can set up a separate sub-forum)

Anyway, best of luck.
        ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Knight View Post
          Greetings ChessTalkers.

My name is Henry Lam and I would like you to join me in starting a vibrant new era on ChessTalk. We have run into many unexpected obstacles in restarting and updating the website/Forum, as the transition will only take effect on June 10th. We request your forbearance during this period.

A number of exciting features are planned, we'd like to encourage new voices, and nurture the outstanding contributors CT has gathered over the years, Larry, Wayne Komer, Hans Jung, Victor Plotkin, Vlad D, Egis, etc.

Moderation will be kept to a minimum, abuse abhorred, trolls tempered.

Finally, I'd like to thank Larry Bevand for his stewardship of this great forum.

The Dark Knight
          Hi Henry,

I am confident, that in your hands, ChessTalk will continue to be the place to go for what is happening with chess in Canada and that you will make it even better!

Take good care of my baby :)

Good luck and I will always be around if you want my input!

Sincerely,

Larry

Comment

Good luck!

Originally posted by Dark Knight View Post
            Moderation will be kept to a minimum ...

Oh, well.

That's the one, obvious improvement over the previous administration [that was possible].
            Last edited by Nigel Hanrahan; Tuesday, 8th May, 2018, 07:22 PM. Reason: [to be clear]
            Dogs will bark, but the caravan of chess moves on.

Comment

Re: Good luck!

Hay henrry can I join you in this chat

Comment

Working...
              X