Photos for members

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photos for members

Are we called members? On topic: Why do some people on this board have better photos than others. I dont like mine.

Re: Photos for members

Originally posted by Hans Jung View Post
    Are we called members? On topic: Why do some people on this board have better photos than others. I dont like mine.
    It has to do with the resolution of the original photo.

When you upload a photo, the system will create a lighter version of the original photo so that it can be loaded faster by web browsers. The resulting file will inevitably lose some quality (resolution).

So, if you upload a poor file the system will make poorer. In other words, try uploading a new photo with a better resolution.

Comment

Who asked to use real pictures?

Comment

Whoa! this is a bit scary. This forum is using my LinkedIn photo and I don't remember authorizing this forum to use my LinkedIn profile.

Admin, could you please explain what's going on?

Comment

My profile also has a photo of me - I don't know where it came from. My avatar normally appears by my posts.

Comment

Hey CT-lights,

Cleaning up Gotham of the walls, the trolls, the molls, the dolls, and.....the false! No faceless folk anymore :)

You can appear as a pic or avatar (Tech filled in pics drawn from the public domain, to encourage you to update yourself).

To select an existing or upload a new avatar, click on 'Edit Avatar'.

To upload a profile picture, click on 'Edit Profile Picture' in the 'Your Profile' section.

Dark Knight

Comment

Originally posted by Guillermo Mansilla View Post
              Whoa! this is a bit scary. This forum is using my LinkedIn photo and I don't remember authorizing this forum to use my LinkedIn profile.

Admin, could you please explain what's going on?
              It seems the admin considers LinkedIn picture is in the public domain. Hard to argue with that I think - although there *may* be a LinkedIn privacy setting to restrict profile access to only people specifically in your network? Not sure. I am not sure if my LinkedIn photo is being used or my Gmail photo. Will have to check. At least this obliges many people to visit and update their profile here... I kind of like the idea of a photo (for most people - the jury is still out on some ...hehe)
              ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Can one access images from other social media or apps, like my Gmail photo? If so, how?

Comment

Originally posted by Hans Jung View Post
                  Hans, I can see that you wouldn't like your photo. So get a new one taken but without that silly hat. :)

Comment

Would prefer that it was suggested to add an image of yourself rather than having them filled in automatically.

Comment

Originally posted by David Ottosen View Post
                      Would prefer that it was suggested to add an image of yourself rather than having them filled in automatically.
                      Particularly when the selection software seems to choose the most unflattering image it can find.

Comment

Wow....
                        Grown men sniffling over their crayons!

And I thought this was a classier forum for weightier chess matters, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Francis Rodriguez View Post
                          Wow....

What in heaven's name would ever have given you that impression

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Dobrich View Post
                            Hans, I can see that you wouldn't like your photo. So get a new one taken but without that silly hat. :)
                            What would you suggest Vlad? Underneath Im losing all my hair so I need something. Maybe a beret?

Comment

Originally posted by Francis Rodriguez View Post
                              Wow....

Francis, your wit is always welcome, and chess it is (technical matters on this chess board and hopefully chess promotion of a classy kind) How about a poem or a worthy, witty quote?

Comment

Working...
                              X