X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is Kirsan’s Glen Stark?

Who is Kirsan’s Glen Stark?

May 8, 2018

I am indebted for the full coverage of this story to Chessdom. Please go to this link to see all the documentation:

http://www.chessdom.com/virtual-cand...hinovs-ticket/

“FIDE elections are coming this October 3rd during the Chess Olympiad in Batumi. Despite being on the US sanctions list and responsible for the closing of the FIDE bank accounts, Kirsan Ilyumzhinov is running for President again, with the official support of Silvio Danailov, who is investigated in Bulgaria for embezzlement of public funds in association with a fake “European Chess Union” created in USA.

On 25 April 2018, Kirsan Ilyumzhinov sent a letter to the president of the Russian Chess Federation (RCF) Mr. Andrey Filatov informing RCF officially about his ticket for the upcoming FIDE elections. The ticket, also announced on the personal website of Kirsan Ilyumzhinov, includes the following people:

1. Kirsan Ilyumzhinov (Russia) – President of FIDE.

2. Behgjet Isa Pacolli (Kosovo) – Deputy President.

3. Glen Stark (USA) – Secretary General.

4. Princess Rajadarasri Jayankura (Thailand) – Vice President.

5. Inal Sheripov (Belgium) – Vice President.

6. Tahar Battikh (Tunisia) – treasurer.

What rises eyebrows in this ticket is position No.3 where there is a person named as “Glen Stark” as candidate General Secretary of FIDE from USA, despite Ilyumzhinov being on the US sanctions list.

In the CV of the person named “Glen Stark”, as sent to several members of the chess community including members of FIDE and the Russian Chess Federation (see the images below), it is written that Glen Stark’s website is http://www.glstark.com and, among others, his CV (RUS) states that he is:

a) vice-president of the US government controlled executive board of Office of American Innovation https://www.darpa.mil,

b) a “member” of several private companies,

c) a member of the Board of the Lauder Institute at the University of Pennsylvania and

d) a member of the Writers Guild of America.

That prompted us to do research on the topic. Who is the only person from the West who supports Kirsan Ilyumzhinov so openly as to enter his ticket?

There was the surprise: In the US government controlled website https://www.darpa.mil there is no mention of any person such as “Glen Stark” and of course no such Vice-President under that name.

In addition, several of the companies mentioned in his CV, to which “Glen Stark” is supposed to be affiliated, return absolutely no search results associating him with those companies.

In the public link of the board members of the Lauder Institute at the University of Pennsylvania here:

https://lauder.wharton.upenn.edu/lea...and-governance such name as “Glen Stark” does not exist.

Furthermore, we have seen a reply from the Writers Guild of America (attached scan below) confirming that a member named “Glen Stark” does not exist in their database.

There is of course the other possibility, that “Glen Stark” exists, but as a US citizen, he is afraid to show his real personality because the US government forbids US persons to have business ties with Kirsan Ilyumzhinov, as part of the sanctions list.

So the logical questions come: does Kirsan Ilyumzhinov believe he can govern FIDE with virtual or non-virtual “Glen Stark” characters as members of the FIDE board? Are the “Glen Stark” methods the way that a serious sport organisation such as FIDE should operate from now on in order to avoid US sanctions? Does Kirsan Ilyumzhinov have any real photos of him with “Glen Stark”?”
    ________

Malcolm Pein (on his twitter account) – “I have a comprehensive dossier that demonstrates that Glen Stark one of Ilyumzhinov's so called Vice Presidents for his FIDE election ticket does not exist

I'm told Glen Stark will make an appearance soon but his CV looks like a fabrication and his website is bizarre

So to be clear, will the real Glen Stark please stand up and explain why he published what looks like a fake CV”

https://twitter.com/TelegraphChess
    _______

So we ask again, “Who is Glen Stark?”

“What chess credentials do you have to be on an advisory board with FIDE?”

Re: Who is Kirsan’s Glen Stark?

Who is John Galt?

Interesting that the name Glen Stark shows a trademark.

Comment

May 9, 2018

The largest Norwegian newspaper on the FIDE elections and the Glen Stark affair

May 8, 2018

Aftenposten - The Glen Stark affair now goes beyond the boundaries of the community. Besides established chess websites and blogs, now the mass media has also started paying attention to the bizarre case of “the bald man with the fake CV” on Ilyumzhinov’s ticket. The first to publish the story in details is the largest Norwegian newspaper Aftenposten.

“There is a total chaos in the chess world. In the most absurd turn of events, the ingredient is a bald, possibly fictional man with a false CV, called “Glen Stark”, begins Aftenposten. They asked the chess expert IM Torstein Bae on the subject and he comments, “Some believe there is no such person. Others think the name is incorrect and that the first name must be written with two N’s. In addition, the resume is fake. It’s comical stuff”.

The largest Norwegian newspaper makes a detailed review of the fake CV of “Glen Stark”, listing all the points that you find at the Chessdom article and adding something new. The website of Glen Stark was not only created a week before the fake CV was sent out, it is also registered with a Canadian phone number where a quick Google search on this number shows that internet users have reported it in the context of telephone fraud.

Torstein Bae says he “raised his eyebrows” when he saw Iljumzjinov’s team. “General Secretary of FIDE is one of the highest positions in international chess. That there we find a totally unknown person on his team does not put the election campaign in a good light,” says Bae for Aftenposten.

Morten Sand also expressed his opinion, “There are 188 countries in FIDE. It’s a big business. It’s not possible to do this with pure amateurs.” Sand also showed his preference, “Makropoulos was a serious chess player and has many organizational qualities. He is very up-to-date and has a deep understanding of many important things in the daily chess world, such as rating, titles and tournament rules. Therefore, there is no doubt that he has everything needed to lead the organization,” says Sand. “Makropoulos is the very godfather of international chess. He has received a lot of criticism, yes. But there is so much criticism that should really be aimed at Kirsan. It is he who sits the floor and travels around, while Makropoulos must get things done,” concluded Sand.
      ________

I phoned the telephone number on Glen Stark’s résumé – 1-609-271-8666. A recorded message came on saying, “You have reached 271-8666, please leave a message”.

I really don’t know what I would have done if a live person had picked up. I suppose I would have said, “May I speak to Glen Stark, please?” No idea what I would have said after!!

Comment

Hopefully, the CFC gets it right this time, and supports anyone BUT Ilyumzhinov! This man has brought infamy to chess around the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Dixon View Post
          Hopefully, the CFC gets it right this time, and supports anyone BUT Ilyumzhinov! This man has brought infamy to chess around the world.
          Careful. He has successfully sued MSN if the headlines are true.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Komer View Post

I phoned the telephone number on Glen Stark’s résumé – 1-609-271-8666. A recorded message came on saying, “You have reached 271-8666, please leave a message”.

I really don’t know what I would have done if a live person had picked up. I suppose I would have said, “May I speak to Glen Stark, please?” No idea what I would have said after!!
            Aaaah.......but a Google Assistant masquerading uncannily as 'Glen Stark' would be truly fascinating!
            https://www.theverge.com/2018/5/9/17...l-implications

On the logic that Tony Stark is Iron Man, Glen Stark can only be.....Straw Man!
            'Infinity Wars' looming at FIDE:)

Comment

May 11, 2018

Shinder’s List (of pseudonyms)

One has to admire how Chessdom has been chasing this story. Investigative reporting and who knows where it will end?

From Chessdom.com today:

The name of Glen Stark first came into the chess world in a phone conversation with Ms. Beatriz Marinello, where he introduced himself as the “CEO of Kirsan Fund”. The Kirsan Fund has been registered in Wyoming, USA and Chessdom.com has obtained a copy of its articles of organization, as approved by the State government of Wyoming, USA. In page 1 it is written that the entity will be managed by its only member named Igor Shinder, resident of 110 Lowell Ct., Princeton, New Jersey. In the whole registration the name “Ilyumzhinov” has been strategically avoided as he is under US Sanctions. As expected no Glen Stark is mentioned either.

The name of the registered agent of the Limited Liability Company is MyCompanyWorks, Inc. with address 1603 Capitol Ave Ste 310, Cheyenne, WY 82001

Now here is where things get more interesting: As you can see from an online profile of Igor Shinder on Google his date of birth is mentioned as 27.09.1966 which is exactly the same birth date of “Glen Stark” in his Russian-language CV

Igor Shinder is 51 years old and was born on 09/27/1966. Currently, he lives in Princeton, NJ. Previously, he lived in YARDLEY, PA. Sometimes Igor goes by the names Gary Shiuder, Igor Shindor, Gary I Shinder, Igor L. Shinder, Garry L Shinder, Igord Shingler, Ilgar Shinder, Garry Srinder and Igor G

Why the drama?

If there is no crime of identity theft, there are plenty of explanations that the chess community, and very possibly the FIDE Ethics Commission, deserve.

Why has all this drama with fake names and fraudulent characters been produced by Kirsan Ilyumzhinov and his election team? Possibly to convince the other members of Kirsan Ilyumzhinov’s ticket that he has US supporters and the US sanctions do not affect him? Or to create a US corporate structure, with chess in the background as an excuse, in order to bypass illegally the US sanctions?

http://www.chessdom.com/glen-stark-g...ly-kirsangate/
              ________

I find all this quite bewildering and as I intimated at the top – where is it going and where will it end?

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Komer View Post

May 11, 2018

Shinder’s List (of pseudonyms)

One has to admire how Chessdom has been chasing this story. Investigative reporting and who knows where it will end?

From Chessdom.com today:

The name of Glen Stark first came into the chess world in a phone conversation with Ms. Beatriz Marinello, where he introduced himself as the “CEO of Kirsan Fund”. The Kirsan Fund has been registered in Wyoming, USA and Chessdom.com has obtained a copy of its articles of organization, as approved by the State government of Wyoming, USA. In page 1 it is written that the entity will be managed by its only member named Igor Shinder, resident of 110 Lowell Ct., Princeton, New Jersey. In the whole registration the name “Ilyumzhinov” has been strategically avoided as he is under US Sanctions. As expected no Glen Stark is mentioned either.

The name of the registered agent of the Limited Liability Company is MyCompanyWorks, Inc. with address 1603 Capitol Ave Ste 310, Cheyenne, WY 82001

Now here is where things get more interesting: As you can see from an online profile of Igor Shinder on Google his date of birth is mentioned as 27.09.1966 which is exactly the same birth date of “Glen Stark” in his Russian-language CV

Igor Shinder is 51 years old and was born on 09/27/1966. Currently, he lives in Princeton, NJ. Previously, he lived in YARDLEY, PA. Sometimes Igor goes by the names Gary Shiuder, Igor Shindor, Gary I Shinder, Igor L. Shinder, Garry L Shinder, Igord Shingler, Ilgar Shinder, Garry Srinder and Igor G

Why the drama?

If there is no crime of identity theft, there are plenty of explanations that the chess community, and very possibly the FIDE Ethics Commission, deserve.

Why has all this drama with fake names and fraudulent characters been produced by Kirsan Ilyumzhinov and his election team? Possibly to convince the other members of Kirsan Ilyumzhinov’s ticket that he has US supporters and the US sanctions do not affect him? Or to create a US corporate structure, with chess in the background as an excuse, in order to bypass illegally the US sanctions?

http://www.chessdom.com/glen-stark-g...ly-kirsangate/
                ________

I find all this quite bewildering and as I intimated at the top – where is it going and where will it end?
                Simply googling the number 609-271-8666 as found on his resume mentioned above yields Igor G Shinder at this link https://www.instantcheckmate.com/people/igor-shinder/
                I tried that two days ago and came to the conclusion that it is indeed Igor Gary Shinder of New Jersey. These clowns don't even know how to keep a name secret.
                Last edited by Sid Belzberg; Friday, 11th May, 2018, 11:28 PM.

Comment

Who is Kirsan’s Glen Stark

May 12, 2018

A reader on the English Chess Forum has found that “Glen Stark” is an anagram of “Strangle K”.

Should Kirsan be worried about this?

https://www.ecforum.org.uk/viewtopic...215055#p215055

Comment

Working...
                  X