X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: When a thread is closed...

Originally posted by Peter McKillop View Post
    Hi #1a.
    Sorry, misunderstood. (previous post was edited too)

Comment

Re: When a thread is closed...

Originally posted by Peter McKillop View Post
      ... Consider how you might feel if you had freely contributed hundreds of hours of your time over the years to things like organizing chess tournaments, or representing Canada at FIDE meetings, etc., and then one irresponsible person with a high profile attacks your reputation unfairly, publicly and arbitrarily. ...
      Pete,

I completely understand what you are saying. However, knowing KS's reputation compared to Lynn Stringer's reputation, I find it is well more fitting to ignore KS than to feed him with responses.

If KS was still living and playing in Canada, and still active in the Canadian chess community, then I would agree wholeheartedly that we have a problem that needs to be addressed. However, KS is not living in Canada nor representing Canadian chess anymore, and quite frankly with the reputation he has built himself, I cannot fathom that paying any attention to his attacks would result in anything positive.

I do not personally know Lynn Stringer, nor do I know much about her. What I do know is that much of what KS says these days is purely baseless accusations, so whatever he said about Lynn Stringer went in through my eyes and out my ears... or my nose... or some other bodily crevice that does not serve to communicate effectively to others.

What I do know about Lynn Stringer is that she has a very good reputation in the chess community. Therefore, when someone with a very weak reputation now living in a distant land who has nothing to do with local affairs any longer makes a bunch of ridiculous statements about her, I ask myself if Lynn Stringer herself should really care? I certainly hope she doesn't...

Lynn Stringer doesn't have to defend herself to protect her image from those who really know her, because they already know her strong reputation. And if guys like me who don't know her are completely unphased by the accusations against her, then she does not need to defend herself to protect my image of her, because my limited image of her didn't change whatsoever when I read KS's remarks. I just shook my head and thought to myself, "Is this guy for real??"

Take care, Jordan
      No matter how big and bad you are, when a two-year-old hands you a toy phone, you answer it.

Comment

Working...
      X