CFC membership valid in Quebec?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CFC membership valid in Quebec?

Is a CFC membership valid for chess tournaments in Quebec? Is there any particular partnership between the FQE (Federation Quebecoise des Echecs) and the CFC?

Re: CFC membership valid in Quebec?

Originally posted by Vincent Poirier View Post
    Is a CFC membership valid for chess tournaments in Quebec? Is there any particular partnership between the FQE (Federation Quebecoise des Echecs) and the CFC?
    Most tournaments here are rated FQE. In that case, your FCE membership is of no use. You would need to be a member of the FQE to play.

In theory, there is no impediment to running a tournament that is only rated FCE. I think there might be some like that in the Hull region. There, your FCE membership is sufficient.

There are also some events, like the COQ, that are rated both FCE and FQE (and possibly FIDE as well).

I am not aware of any arrangement between the federations to honor the other federations' memberships equally.

Comment

Re: CFC membership valid in Quebec?

I think FQE offers tournament memberships for a nominal fee for those who don't want to pay for a full year of membership. The full membership comes with Echec+ magazine, which is well worth the money IMHO.

You may want to send an e-mail to info@fqechecs.gc.ca or call 514-252-3034 for information.
      Last edited by Jordan S. Berson; Tuesday, 6th October, 2009, 08:34 PM.
      No matter how big and bad you are, when a two-year-old hands you a toy phone, you answer it.

Comment

Re : CFC membership valid in Quebec?

Everything have been said. If you want to play in a tournament in Quebec you need to pay your annual membership or to take a ''Passeport-Tournoi'', which allows you to play in a tournament without being a FQE member for 15 $.

And there's a little mistake in the e-mail adress given earlier, the correct one is info@fqechecs.qc.ca and not info@fqechecs.gc.ca .

For any other informations you should visit the federation's website (only in french) : http://www.fqechecs.qc.ca/index.php?typ=actu&id=613

Comment

Working...
        X