World Open results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Open results

The results of all 1,266 players can be viewed at http://www.worldopen.com .

Not many Canadians took part - the only money winner was James Fu who won $172.38 in the U2000 section.

I noticed the name of Glenn Johnstone (2320) - the Canadian master who I haven't heard of in about 10 years. He took part in the U2400 section - drew his first two games, lost the third, and re-entered. He then drew one, lost three, took a bye, and forfeited his next game. He is listed as being from Kentucky - and has played in several events there since 2008.

Re: World Open results

Paul Leblanc, U2000, 4.5/9; Close to a par result.

Comment

In the Open section IM Raja Panjwani and Liam Henry took part scoring 4.5 and 4.0 respectively. It looks like Raja beat 3 GM's! I wonder what happened in the last round where he forfeited (F32)?

Comment

I should mention FM Shiyam Thavandiran as well. He played GM Loek Van Wely in the 3rd round.

Comment

Just to mention that two of top finishers from the World Open are coming to Toronto this weekend:

Code:
          2 GM Pentala Harikrishna 7.0 	5028.67
          4 GM Luke McShane 7.0 	5028.67

Comment

I was quite impressed with Harikrishna's games down here. I expect he will be the favourite to win the Canadian Open.
            Paul Leblanc
            Treasurer Chess Foundation of Canada

Comment

I don't think Bareev can be counted out.

Bob

Comment

Working...
              X