50% Off - Three Days Only At Strategy Games!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50% Off - Three Days Only At Strategy Games!!!

Today, tomorrow and Friday, we are offering a 50% discount on this excellent book by Quality Chess:

San Luis 2005

by Alik Gershon & Igor Nor
    442pp. (2007 Quality Chess)

San Luis 2005 is the most celebrated chess tournament of the decade. Bulgarian Grandmaster Veselin Topalov triumphed and proved that he is a worthy successor to World Champions such as Bobby Fischer and Garry Kasparov. In this ambitious work Gershon and Nor analyse all the games from the tournament, but there is no danger of the reader drowning in masses of variations, as the authors clearly explain the ideas behind the moves. Tournament books used to be a familiar part of chess literature with Zurich 1953 a classic example, however such books are now rare because of the huge effort they demand from the authors. Gershon and Nor have risen to the challenge and produced a book that is destined to become a modern classic, a magnificent book worthy of an extraordinary tournament. Many colour photographs of the event and the surrounding Argentinean scenery help the reader feel what it was like to be at San Luis 2005.

http://strategygames.ca/boutique/sto...e=EN&code=TA51

Item ID TA51
    Our Regular Price $ 32.95

For Nov. 30 2011 (Today), Dec. 1, 2011 and Dec. 2 ONLY - SPECIAL PRICE ONLY $16.47 PLUS GST!!

Conditions:
    Can not be combined with any other discounts or offers.

We do not take phone reservations for this special offer.

STOCK IS NOW AVAILABLE IN ALL 3 SHOPS!

If you order online, you can only take advantage of this offer when purchasing other items totalling $35 or more before tax (which also gives you free shipping).

Strategy Games: www.strategygames.ca

Re: 50% Off - Three Days Only At Strategy Games!!!

Originally posted by Larry Bevand View Post
    Today, tomorrow and Friday, we are offering a 50% discount on this excellent book by Quality Chess:

San Luis 2005

by Alik Gershon & Igor Nor
    442pp. (2007 Quality Chess)

San Luis 2005 is the most celebrated chess tournament of the decade. Bulgarian Grandmaster Veselin Topalov triumphed and proved that he is a worthy successor to World Champions such as Bobby Fischer and Garry Kasparov. In this ambitious work Gershon and Nor analyse all the games from the tournament, but there is no danger of the reader drowning in masses of variations, as the authors clearly explain the ideas behind the moves. Tournament books used to be a familiar part of chess literature with Zurich 1953 a classic example, however such books are now rare because of the huge effort they demand from the authors. Gershon and Nor have risen to the challenge and produced a book that is destined to become a modern classic, a magnificent book worthy of an extraordinary tournament. Many colour photographs of the event and the surrounding Argentinean scenery help the reader feel what it was like to be at San Luis 2005.

http://strategygames.ca/boutique/sto...e=EN&code=TA51

Item ID TA51
    Our Regular Price $ 32.95

For Nov. 30 2011 (Today), Dec. 1, 2011 and Dec. 2 ONLY - SPECIAL PRICE ONLY $16.47 PLUS GST!!

Conditions:
    Can not be combined with any other discounts or offers.

We do not take phone reservations for this special offer.

STOCK IS NOW AVAILABLE IN ALL 3 SHOPS!

If you order online, you can only take advantage of this offer when purchasing other items totalling $35 or more before tax (which also gives you free shipping).

Strategy Games: www.strategygames.ca

A wonderful book in every sense of the word!!!

Comment

Great idea Larry!!
      My wife just bought it for me in downtown Ottawa. I'm a happily married man :)

Comment

Originally posted by J. Ken MacDonald View Post

A wonderful book in every sense of the word!!!
        An excellent book and a beautifully produced one too. If you don't have it - get it!

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Sullivan View Post
          An excellent book and a beautifully produced one too. If you don't have it - get it!
          Guys, your positive comments have translated into sales! I know...I should be paying you :)

Obviously this is a way to draw folks to our locations and we hope you will buy other stuff at the same time :). Fortunately, you have responded well to this promotion...thanks to all those who stopped by today!

Remember, there are only 2 days left to get this great book at an incredible price! We are replenishing our stock tomorrow on this title...so no worries...all locations still have stock...and we should have stock at all 3 locations for two more days :).

Larry

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Sullivan View Post
            More praises:
            One of those rare English chess books with many high quality photos. It was an amazing tournament, and it got a wonderful book.

Comment

Originally posted by Emil Smilovici View Post
              Great idea Larry!!
              My wife just bought it for me in downtown Ottawa. I'm a happily married man :)
              Thanks Emil...it always makes me happy to contribute to family harmony :)

Just a reminder that today is the last day for Chesstalkers to pick up their copy of this excellent book at a great price!

Larry

Comment

Working...
              X