2013 Continental Championship and World Cup Qualifier in Bolivia likely in October

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 Continental Championship and World Cup Qualifier in Bolivia likely in October

Hello everyone,

As CFC masters representative I have been asked to develop a list of Canadian players who would be interested in playing in the 2013 Continental Championship in Bolivia. The tournament dates have not been set yet but in all likelihood will be sometime in October of 2013. In addition to the opportunities for norms this is a chance to qualify for the same World Cup tournament as the 2012 Continental where four spots were awarded. Presumably the same number of spots will be awarded in the 2013 tournament.

Interested individuals should email me vdrkulec@hotmail.com or express interest in this thread on the forum.

So far one individual has expressed interest. I will forward the name of anyone who expresses interest on to the CFC Executive who will make the decision. Please feel free to forward this to qualified individuals.

Vladimir Drkulec
    CFC Masters Representative
    Last edited by Vlad Drkulec; Friday, 4th January, 2013, 01:31 AM.

Re: 2013 Continental Championship and World Cup Qualifier in Bolivia likely in Octobe

Do these players receive some sort of financial aid to play in the tournament?

Comment

Re: 2013 Continental Championship and World Cup Qualifier in Bolivia

Actually it was helpfully pointed out to me by Edward Porper that the tournament for the World Cup is in August of 2013. If the Continental is in October then this will obviously be too late to qualify for a tournament that has already been held. Edward has indicated that he understood that the Continental tournament will be in April. If this is in fact the case then some emails that I received on the topic suddenly start making sense.

I apologize for any confusion I might have caused but the purpose of my original post still stands. Among those who are eligible, who is interested in playing in this tournament? Thank you to Edward for promptly informing me of my mistake.
      Last edited by Vlad Drkulec; Friday, 4th January, 2013, 01:31 AM.

Comment

Re: 2013 Continental Championship and World Cup Qualifier in Bolivia

Originally posted by Andy Shaw View Post
        Do these players receive some sort of financial aid to play in the tournament?
        There may be some provision for accomodation and food for the official representative as there is for most such FIDE tournaments. Beyond that I can't say right now as it is not yet clear exactly when the tournament will be held.

Comment

Re: 2013 Continental Championship and World Cup Qualifier in Bolivia likely in Octobe

If the tournament is in October, I would be interested. In April, not.
          "Tom is a well known racist, and like most of them he won't admit it, possibly even to himself." - Ed Seedhouse, October 4, 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom O'Donnell View Post
            If the tournament is in October, I would be interested. In April, not.
            I will pass your name along. Thanks.

Comment

I was recently informed of the dates. I suppose this is for Vlad, but also interested others:

Continental Absoluto

Bolivia - Cochabamba

6-15 Mayo

As listed here on the website calendar for 2013 events.

EDIT: 6-15 Mayo = 6-15 May :)

Comment

Originally posted by Aman Hambleton View Post
                I was recently informed of the dates. I suppose this is for Vlad, but also interested others:

Continental Absoluto

Bolivia - Cochabamba

6-15 Mayo

Good luck, if you decide to play !!

Comment

Bring along your oxygen tanks! Elevation of Cochabamba is 2,558 m (8,392 ft).

Comment

Originally posted by Hugh Brodie View Post
                    Bring along your oxygen tanks! Elevation of Cochabamba is 2,558 m (8,392 ft).
                    That's not that bad.
                    La Paz (the capital) is at 3,600 m above sea level while the neighbouring Altiplano is at about 4000 m.
                    Cuzco (the Inca capital) - in Peru - is at 3,400m - you can survive without extra O2 but don't try jogging :)

Comment

Continental details

Comment

I would be interested to play in Bolivia. Always wanted to visit that area and try to actually end up winning something outright for once :D

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Hansen View Post
                          I would be interested to play in Bolivia. Always wanted to visit that area and try to actually end up winning something outright for once :D
                          I will pass your name along. Good luck in the tournament. I think that now that we finally know when the tournament is actually taking place things should fall into place relatively quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by Aman Hambleton View Post

Continental Absoluto

Bolivia - Cochabamba

6-15 Mayo

Thanks! It will be a lot easier to get people to focus on and plan for this event now that we know when it is actually taking place.

Comment

Working...
                            X