The Chess'n Math Association is looking at updating our website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Chess'n Math Association is looking at updating our website

Can someone direct me to a site they really like?

Recently the FQE updated their site and what they did which I thought was brilliant...was that their most important upcoming events are front and centre...u do not have to search for the info anymore. Are there sites out there (chess or non-chess-related) that you like the way the info is presented?

I would love to take a look!

Larry

Re: The Chess'n Math Association is looking at updating our website

http://www.aljazeera.com/

I like this site
    Good content(unbiased)
    Good presentation

http://ssmu.mcgill.ca/chess/
    Strong visual impact
    The site was recently updated and got even better.
    Last edited by Michael Yip; Thursday, 28th March, 2013, 08:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Bevand View Post
      I would love to take a look!
      Have you watched what is in my signature :D There are some things I would like to change. but Drupal is too complicated for me (+ 101+ other reasons) LOL

Anyway, you should rethink what you like to present and what is most important to your customer (moms and kids), your coaches, and you on everyday and seasonal bases.
      Anyway, you (or your contractor) probably will go with one of the free codes (wordpress (my personal chess site is based on it), joomala, drupal, or some other CMS), then you'll have some templates to choose to accommodate your needs.

Do you plan to update rating pages too?

Comment

Re : Re: The Chess'n Math Association is looking at updating our website

Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
        Have you watched what is in my signature :D There are some things I would like to change. but Drupal is too complicated for me (+ 101+ other reasons) LOL

Anyway, you should rethink what you like to present and what is most important to your customer (moms and kids), your coaches, and you on everyday and seasonal bases.
        Anyway, you (or your contractor) probably will go with one of the free codes (wordpress (my personal chess site is based on it), joomala, drupal, or some other CMS), then you'll have some templates to choose to accommodate your needs.

Do you plan to update rating pages too?
        Drupal is already used by the CFC and the FQE and it does a great job. It's relatively easy to use (in comparison with other options) and gives a visually attractive result.

However, I think the main challenges with creating a new website for CMA would not be the look, but more to find a way to conserve all the archives, update the rating system and the databases (if they are online).
        With tournaments being rated nearly every day, the website needs to be very practical and easy to use.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Yip View Post
          http://www.aljazeera.com/

I like this site
          Good content(unbiased)
          Good presentation
          Yeah, just like Fox News is unbiased.

Suggesting that any media source is unbiased is really a bit much. Journalism should be that way, but anyone who is really reading and listening objectively can see that everyone has their own slant or agenda.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Hoyer View Post
            Yeah, just like Fox News is unbiased.

Suggesting that any media source is unbiased is really a bit much. Journalism should be that way, but anyone who is really reading and listening objectively can see that everyone has their own slant or agenda.
            OR MSNBC, or NBC, or New York Times, or the previous print edition (now e-edition, I think) of NewsWeek...

And the list goes on!

Comment

Working...
            X