X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCA AGM May 23 2009

Ontario Chess Association 2009 Annual General Meeting
    Will be held at Kitchener City Hall in Kitchener, ON
    On Saturday May 23, 2009, starting at 10:00 am.
    Agenda, Reports and Motions will be distributed in advance.
    Feel free to observe some OYCC games while you are here!

Re: OCA AGM May 23 2009

Details on the AGM as well as some reports are now posted at www.chessontario.com
    Christopher Mallon
    FIDE Arbiter

Comment

Am I the only one who gets the details on a tiny 3-line panel in the middle of the screen? It should be filling the whole screen.

Comment

Hi Hugh:

You are getting it correctly. The website needs some work.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Hugh Brodie View Post
          Am I the only one who gets the details on a tiny 3-line panel in the middle of the screen? It should be filling the whole screen.
          I actually measured the text portion, below the pdf header info: 1⅜".

Ridiculous. Who designed this thing?

Comment

I had no clue what you guys were talking about, looks fine to me. So I tried that microsoft browser, and now I see. But it's not my fault Internet Explorer doesn't follow proper rules for HTML.... and I'm not really sure at this point how to fix it. If you shift-click on the links they will open in a new window, though.
            Christopher Mallon
            FIDE Arbiter

Comment

OK, I put in a forced table height. Which will quite possibly screw up other things. But it'll work for now.
              Christopher Mallon
              FIDE Arbiter

Comment

Originally posted by Christopher Mallon View Post
                it's not my fault Internet Explorer doesn't follow proper rules for HTML....
                I believe IE is the most popular browser. If, as you say, IE "doesn't follow the rules for HTML" then the rules should change.

Comment

Just because it's popular doesn't mean it gets to write the rules. And in any case I believe I saw somewhere that the newest version of IE (8?) is actually fully compliant. I only have IE7 installed so I don't know.
                  Christopher Mallon
                  FIDE Arbiter

Comment

Suggestion re: the OCA's clocks with leaky batteries - remove the batteries before they go back into storage, and have a fresh supply of new batteries ready before their next use. It's a hassle - but the clocks will last longer (or get more durable clocks e.g. Chronos).

(time for bed - my all-in flush just lost out to a full house on the river :-( Enough poker for tonight.)

Comment

No sense telling Mallon about the clocks he doesn't even have them.
                      We had no OCA clocks and very few OCA pieces if any at all at the Ontario Open.
                      I hope that the AGM produces an executive member who takes charge of the sets and clocks.
                      Also vote Mallon out as OCA President and put some one in charge who wants to promote chess in Ontario.

Comment

LOL. So someone practically steals the equipment and it's my fault. Nice. :)
                        Christopher Mallon
                        FIDE Arbiter

Comment

Care to elaborate, Chris?
                          "Tom is a well known racist, and like most of them he won't admit it, possibly even to himself." - Ed Seedhouse, October 4, 2020.

Comment

Basically what I said in my report... the people who borrowed it the week before ignored/avoided any attempt to contact them until we started talking about involving the police at which point they started pretending that they'd been trying to get in contact with us all along.
                            Christopher Mallon
                            FIDE Arbiter

Comment

Originally posted by John Coleman View Post
                              I believe IE is the most popular browser. If, as you say, IE "doesn't follow the rules for HTML" then the rules should change.
                              Most interesting thing:"<meta name=Generator content="Microsoft Word 12">"

Or the content was regenerated? :)

Comment

Working...
                              X