This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kasparov the neo-conservative

Garry Kasparov gets to peddle his neo-conservative wares in the New York Times.

and ... some damning critical remarks follow ...

Originally posted by Rudi Zaeh
    Having a Russian sounding name doesn't make you an expert on NATO's misguided policy of "European integration" in Ukraine, especially if your name is Kasparov.

There is however a proven relationship between war propaganda leading up to invasions, regime change, "humanitarian" interventions, and the actual death count inflicted on countries that were subjected to NATO/US expansionary policies.

In the most recent example, Ukraine, the official death toll is now at over 2000 Ukrainian's killed in the struggle for Eastern Ukraine that was ignated when the EU and the US made a violent power grab for Eastern Ukraine that started in December last year. But if we count in the Ukrainians and Russians killed who were involved in the fighting, the death toll could already be well over 15.000.

Kasparov, like his comrades-in-arms Timothy Snyder, Edward Lucas, ....or just about everyone at the NYT, WaPo, Wall Street Journal, Time, Newsweek,.. he can claim his prize for contributing in creating the NATO stand-off against Russia whose first victims were the Ukrainians in the Southeast.

I find it amazing that Kasparov is even being paid for publicly displaying his paranoia and Russophobia - in the best neocon spirit - instead of being subjected to pay his shrink for the treatment of his condition

Apparently, our society honors those who are advocating and creating the conditions for war, and pays them well, while advocating for peace will earn you nothing.
    Zaeh notes that Kasparov has appeared recently (last couple of years) on a show with Maria Bartiromo. Being invited by Maria Bartiromo is like receiving the kiss of death for your reputation if you care ... it's the neoliberal stamp of approval. Bartiromo has since moved to FoxNews.
    Dogs will bark, but the caravan of chess moves on.

Re: Kasparov the neo-conservative

I was able to bring up your link, with the Time Magazine articla by Kasparov, but I could not bring up the "critical remarks". Who is Rudi Zaeh? And where is he getting his numbers?

Comment

Originally posted by Garland Best View Post
      I was able to bring up your link, with the Time Magazine articla by Kasparov, but I could not bring up the "critical remarks". Who is Rudi Zaeh? And where is he getting his numbers?
      Zaeh is a theoretical physicist from Germany with whom I have a common Facebook friend. The remarks followed his link to the Kasparov article. His numbers are probably from German sources.

Comment

What I get from your post and quote that it's Kasparov, who responsible for the war that is going in Ukraine.
        Nata Navodylo

Comment

Originally posted by Nata View Post
          What I get from your post and quote that it's Kasparov, who responsible for the war that is going in Ukraine.
          No. Kasparov is just more of a neo-conservative than anything else. That's the sort of thing he's being paid to write.

However, this calculated march to war is being questioned even by ex-NSA Directors.

Originally posted by Veteran Intelligence Professionals for Sanity (VIPS)
          MEMORANDUM FOR: Angela Merkel, Chancellor of Germany

We the undersigned are longtime veterans of U.S. intelligence. We take the unusual step of writing this open letter to you to ensure that you have an opportunity to be briefed on our views prior to the NATO summit on September 4-5.

You need to know, for example, that accusations of a major Russian “invasion” of Ukraine appear not to be supported by reliable intelligence. Rather, the “intelligence” seems to be of the same dubious, politically “fixed” kind used 12 years ago to “justify” the U.S.-led attack on Iraq. We saw no credible evidence of weapons of mass destruction in Iraq then; we see no credible evidence of a Russian invasion now....

Photos can be worth a thousand words; they can also deceive. We have considerable experience collecting, analyzing, and reporting on all kinds of satellite and other imagery, as well as other kinds of intelligence. Suffice it to say that the images released by NATO on August 28 provide a very flimsy basis on which to charge Russia with invading Ukraine. Sadly, they bear a strong resemblance to the images shown by Colin Powell at the UN on February 5, 2003 that, likewise, proved nothing.

etc etc

For the Steering Group, Veteran Intelligence Professionals for Sanity

William Binney, former Technical Director, World Geopolitical & Military Analysis, NSA; co-founder, SIGINT Automation Research Center (ret.)
          David MacMichael, National Intelligence Council (ret.)
          Ray McGovern, former US Army infantry/intelligence officer & CIA analyst (ret.)
          Elizabeth Murray, Deputy National Intelligence Officer for Middle East (ret.)
          Todd E. Pierce, MAJ, US Army Judge Advocate (Ret.)
          Coleen Rowley, Division Counsel & Special Agent, FBI (ret.)
          Ann Wright, Col., US Army (ret.); Foreign Service Officer (resigned)
          ZH: Ex-NSA Director, US Intelligence Veterans Write Open Letter To Chancellor Merkel To Avoid All-Out Ukraine War

Comment

So in other words, he is just somebody with no credentials or experience in the matter. This is like quoting comments posted online at the end of a news article. You're better than that Nigel.

Comment

This one on the other hand is a much more credible group to cite. A group of people with credentials actually related to the matter at hand. Citations from groups like this will make me give creedence to your arguments. Quality counts.

Comment

Originally posted by Nigel Hanrahan View Post
                No. Kasparov is just more of a neo-conservative than anything else. That's the sort of thing he's being paid to write.
                I read about situation in Ukraine every single day for couple of hours or so (from Ukrainian, Russian, English, Polish sources), I speak with the people who are there. I’ve never got across that Kasparov has to do something with situation there. Speculation about Kasaprov like he has to do with this make me think, that either person hate Ukrainians so much he/she would use anything/anybody to depredate them, or absents with Kasparov (in bad way) that he/she would put anything against him, or he/she gets paid to do so.

I don’t know author, I don’t care about Kasparov, and I’m not even a fan of Kasparov, my son probably is but not me. My point is why do you following Kasparov about every single word he says about Ukraine? Do you have any information that he is involved in the situation? Because though news similar to yellow press.
                Nata Navodylo

Comment

Originally posted by Nata View Post
                  I’ve never got across that Kasparov has to do something with situation there.
                  Kasparov gets read and listened to by chess players for a number of reasons. And not just by chess players. He's a former World Champion and also was a recent candidate for the FIDE Presidency. Not long ago, he was a kind of public figure in Russian political life, a darling of Western media, though that role has now passed to others such as Navalny, etc.

He was criticized as an inferior candidate for the FIDE Presidency despite the fact that the incumbent, Kirsan Ilyumzhinov, leaves a great deal to be desired, with claims of alien abduction, etc..

I just think it's of interest of chess players to know about Kasparov following his recent unsuccessful campaign. His extreme Cold War politics turns him into a political ally of the worst war-mongers. I mean the neo-conservatives such as those listed by Rudi Zaeh. The neo-cons have common cause with those who have a business interest in war production, the sale of weapons, the build-up of military confrontation, etc.

Some people argued that Kasparov was a poorer candidate for the FIDE Presidency for personal reasons, such as: his lack of success in other elections he had participated in, the harm he did to chess in the world with the establishment of the PCA 20 years ago (harm that he has acknowledged himself), an authoritarian style, etc. I think his politics is harmful as well, and, judging by the remarks I've quoted, so do a lot of other people.

I'm glad to see that the Ukrainian President has been making statements in recent days to the effect that he's finally interested in ending the civil war. If we were to be led by the opinion of people like Kasparov, on the other hand, then we would be even closer to a more dangerous regional war or right in the middle of one.
                  Last edited by Nigel Hanrahan; Wednesday, 3rd September, 2014, 09:23 AM. Reason: I'm glad to see ...

Comment

Kasparov gets read and listened to by chess players for a number of reasons. And not just by chess players. He's a former World Champion and also was a recent candidate for the FIDE Presidency. Not long ago, he was a kind of public figure in Russian political life, a darling of Western media, though that role has now passed to others such as Navalny, etc.
                    Steven Harper is Prime Minister of Canada has pretty much the same opinion.

What do you know about Russian politics? Do you read Russian newspapers? Do you know how many new laws they introduced in Russia in the past year even few months?

I'm glad to see that the Ukrainian President has been making statements in recent days to the effect that he's finally interested in ending the civil war. If we were to be led by the opinion of people like Kasparov, on the other hand, then we would be even closer to a more dangerous regional war or right in the middle of one.
                    I’m not glad that Russian troops passing through the border and ending up in Ukraine. Do you think that it’s Kasparov responsibility?
                    Nata Navodylo

Comment

About Kirsan Ilyumzhinov, my son asked me how many games he performed. I went through the internet and found just one. He was really surprised; maybe you can help me find Kirsan's games.
                      Nata Navodylo

Comment

He was criticized as an inferior candidate for the FIDE Presidency despite the fact that the incumbent, Kirsan Ilyumzhinov, leaves a great deal to be desired, with claims of alien abduction, etc..
                        I wouldn't knock it. It works for him. He keeps getting re-elected.

Jimmy Carter reported a UFO sighting and they elected him president of the USA. A copy of the handwritten report is on the internet if you want to google and read it.
                        Gary Ruben
                        CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Ruben View Post
                          I wouldn't knock it. It works for him. He keeps getting re-elected.

Jimmy Carter reported a UFO sighting and they elected him president of the USA. A copy of the handwritten report is on the internet if you want to google and read it.
                          Yeah, I understand. I was just trying to point out that Kasparov was not up against the very best candidate and deservedly lost anyway. I'm not sure Nata is even reading what I'm posting because I attached a letter from NSA experts debunking the claims of a Russian invasion and all I got back was a re-interation of Kasparov's unsubstantiated claims. I wonder how much he gets paid for writing these fluff pieces?

SETI and the late Carl Sagan long ago pointed out the likelihood of extra-terrestrial intelligence, and recent work in the field just makes it more compelling an argument.

Comment

Yeah, I understand. I was just trying to point out that Kasparov was not up against the very best candidate and deservedly lost anyway. I'm not sure Nata is even reading what I'm posting because I attached a letter from NSA experts debunking the claims of a Russian invasion and all I got back was a re-interation of Kasparov's unsubstantiated claims. I wonder how much he gets paid for writing these fluff pieces?

SETI and the late Carl Sagan long ago pointed out the likelihood of extra-terrestrial intelligence, and recent work in the field just makes it more compelling an argument.
                            You can try asking him how much he is getting paid. Following your post I fill like to find what’s going on in the world you can type ”Kasparov” in Google and say he is completely wrong and debate from here don’t even bother what’s going on.
                            Nata Navodylo

Comment

http://pm.gc.ca/eng/news/2014/09/04/...eastern-europe
                              Nata Navodylo

Comment

Working...
                              X