Some old CFC trophies found....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some old CFC trophies found....

I visited the FQE office today, and saw a collection of CFC trophies in the office. They include:

1) John G. Prentice "permanent" trophy for the Canadian Open. It had been in Quebec City since the Canadian Open was held there in 1981. Thus there are no plaques on it since 1980 (from 1956 to 1980 only).
    2) CYCC "permanent" trophies (i.e. - not usually for the winner to keep until the next year, but kept at a central secure place after presentation) for each age group. No plaques for 2013 or 2014. They have been in Montreal since before the last CYCC in 2014.

They are in a secure location, so no one is going to run away with them. If anyone from the CFC wants them (e.g. for presentation of the CYCC coming up) and can guarantee security, please contact the FQE.

The FQE also has secure (and climatised for document storage) space for chess documents, etc. which it is offering to the CFC (or other chess organizations). I would assume a fee would be involved. Again - contact the FQE.

These subjects would be worthwhile to bring up at the AGM.

Re: Some old CFC trophies found....

Originally posted by Hugh Brodie View Post
    The FQE also has secure (and climatised for document storage) space for chess documents, etc. which it is offering to the CFC (or other chess organizations). I would assume a fee would be involved. Again - contact the FQE.

These subjects would be worthwhile to bring up at the AGM.
    Nah... forget it. Actually, the FQE would probably be willing to pay just to have the honor of storing any crap the CFC doesn't need anymore. :p

Comment

Working...
    X