Wycc 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wycc 2016

I would like to reminder everyone the deadlines for registering for the Canadian Team to the World Youth Chess Championships (WYCC) is fast approaching.

Details were posted and announced at the CYCC, and can be found on the CFC website,

http://miltonchess.ca/images/cfc/wycc2016.pdf

Not all the officials players have confirmed yet, so if you finished 2nd, 3rd etc at CYCC, and are interested in going, please send an email to

wycc2016_canada@outlook.com

Re: Wycc 2016

The deadlines have passed,
    but inquiries for the World Cadet Chess Championships in Batumi, Goergia continue.
    All the official players have been selected, but if you would like to join the team,
    please end an email to wycc2016_canada@outlook.com today.

Last call!!

Comment

Hi Bob, Could you share with us the canadian team participants? Thanks

Comment

Batumi, Georgia. (U8, U10, U12 Open and girls)
        Team Captain , GM Alexander Cherniaev , 4117301

Official Players
        1, Boys U - 8 , Alexander R.Z. Chang , 2624974
        2, Girls U - 8, Michelle Hua , 2626837
        3, Boys U - 10, CM Nameer Issani , 2619130
        4, Girls U - 10, WCM Mysha Gilani , 2618966
        5, Boys U - 12, Qiuyu Huang , 2619903
        6, Boys U – 12 , FM Shawn Rodrigue Lemieux (Continental North America Champion 2015), 2620049
        7, Girls U – 12, Shi Yuan Tian, 2623960
        Additional players
        1, U8 Open, Kevin Zhong, 2624907
        2, U8 Open, Anthony Atanasov, 2623897
        3, U10 Open, Atharva Srinivas, 2623900
        4, U10 Open, Aiden Zhou, 2618826
        5, U10 Open, Alexander Fedyushchenko, 2621762
        6, U10 Open, Prince Eric Jr Guipi Bopala, 2619113
        7, U10 Open, Karol Jasniewicz, 2626845
        8, U12 Open, David Makarczyk, 2620570

The players for WYCC in Russia are:

1, Eugene Hua U14 - official player
        2, Caleb Petersen U16 - official player
        3, Michael Song U18 - official player
        4, Rachel Tao U18 G - official player
        5, Maili-Jade Ouillet U14 G - official player
        6, James Li U16 - additional player

Comment

Thank you, John, for information!

Do you know why we don't have U16 G official player?
          We have many worthy girls in this category, starting with Qiyu Zhou...

Comment

Without looking it up, as I remember there was only ONE u16 girl at CYCC. Naturally she "won" her section, but she decided not to go to WYCC

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Barron View Post
              Thank you, John, for information!

Do you know why we don't have U16 G official player?
              We have many worthy girls in this category, starting with Qiyu Zhou...
              In cases like this where none of the prospective players attended CYCC there is not normally support for an airline ticket. It is a bit much to ask someone like Qiyu to take almost two weeks from school for the olympiad and then another two weeks for WYCC. Not too many schools would accept that many absences. She has been playing in tournaments in Europe for much of the summer. Maili-Jade played in quite a number of the summer tournaments, in the under 16 Olympiad, she's playing in NAYCC and will be going to the Olympiad and WYCC. That is a very tough schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by John Coleman View Post
                Batumi, Georgia. (U8, U10, U12 Open and girls)
                Team Captain , GM Alexander Cherniaev , 4117301
                I heard that GM Alexander Cherniaev is the coach for the U14-U18 team. What about the U8-U12 team in Batumi? 15 players will require 2 coaches.

Comment

Originally posted by Rene Preotu View Post
                  I heard that GM Alexander Cherniaev is the coach for the U14-U18 team. What about the U8-U12 team in Batumi? 15 players will require 2 coaches.
                  The coaches are grandmaster Alexander Cherniaev and FIDE master Alejandro Jardines who lives in BC.

Comment

Always hilarious to see coaching staff decisions for Team Canada at the WYCC. The only thing these two individuals must have that I don't in terms of credentials is the desire to work for less, or for free.

You'd think coaching for 3 years in a row would at least get you consideration.

Comment

Originally posted by Aman Hambleton View Post
                      Always hilarious to see coaching staff decisions for Team Canada at the WYCC. The only thing these two individuals must have that I don't in terms of credentials is the desire to work for less, or for free.

You'd think coaching for 3 years in a row would at least get you consideration.
                      Well in the case of Alexander he has the FIDE trainer credential which means we don't have to pay for hotel and food so we don't have to deal with half a dozen emails from the FIDE trainers commission and the FIDE office threatening to lock you out of the playing hall and other dire consequences. In addition transportation is almost negligible since he is based in Moscow. Also having a native Russian speaker as a coach at a tournament in Russia is not without its advantages.

If you put an application in you would have been accepted as you would have been the second most qualified applicant. With all the tournaments going on there are lots of opportunities and your application would always be viewed favourably by this CFC administration despite the complaining on chesstalk.
                      Last edited by Vlad Drkulec; Thursday, 4th August, 2016, 02:12 PM.

Comment

Alex has a history of having a short temper and causing public disturbances in playing halls, so his selection is certainly a bit strange in that regard. I understand that he is cheaper for many reasons.

On May 5th, 2016 I have an email record to the CFC stating my interest in the position, so there is no if I submitted an application.

It's strange that after 3 years of coaching the WYCC in a row, that I'm not contacted or at least considered out of courtesy.

Comment

Change your name to Alex, the CFC has a recent affinity for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
                            The coaches are grandmaster Alexander Cherniaev and FIDE master Alejandro Jardines who lives in BC.
                            So is GM Cherniaev the coach for the U12-U18 players (6) in Khanty-Mansiysk, Russia and also for the U8-U12 players (15) in Batumi, Georgia with FM Jardines?

Comment

Originally posted by Rene Preotu View Post
                              So is GM Cherniaev the coach for the U12-U18 players (6) in Khanty-Mansiysk, Russia and also for the U8-U12 players (15) in Batumi, Georgia with FM Jardines?
                              Yes though it is U14-U18 in Khanty-Mansiysk unless a sibling is going.

Comment

Working...
                              X