Backgammon Tournament in Montreal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backgammon Tournament in Montreal

Thanks to Omar Shah for bringing this to my attention.

Details available here: http://www.bgmontreal.com/files/Mont...enFlyer-en.pdf

Larry

Re: Backgammon Tournament in Montreal

Congratulations to Toronto chessplayers Liam Henry and Omar Shah whose winnings were in four figures.

Comment

Re: Backgammon Tournament in Montreal

And Patrick from Montreal won some money in the Senior division.

In all about 80 players showed up (organizer was expecting 100)...mostly from out of town.

The organizer told me that he figures there were about 12 players from Montreal. I have not been to a backgammon tournament in decades so this was a learning experience (no I did not play...but the experience did give me the inspiration to get back into it.

They had cameras over the top boards and the games were transmitted live on some youtube channel. In an adjoining room, there was a fellow giving live commentary ...which could be seen live on the net.

The clientele at this event was mainly male and older (hmmm...that sounds like me LOL. What a change from the 70's when backgammon was in its heyday in North America...Hugh Hefner of Playboy fame made it a jetset game... I believe our own Vlad Dobrich was actively involved...Vlad care to tell us a few stories? :)

Larry

Comment

Working...
      X