Poll: Re do you care about your CFC ratings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poll: Re do you care about your CFC ratings?

Here's a new poll concerning CFC Regular and Active Ratings. I believe Larry did a similar one some years ago. I want to see roughly what percentage of CFC members care about their Regular and/or Active ratings, based on respondents answers.
    I care about my regular and my Active ratings
    16.67%
    I care just about my regular rating
    52.38%
    I care just about my Active rating
    0.00%
    I don't care about my regular or Active rating
    30.95%
    Anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
    Murphy's law, by Edward A. Murphy Jr., USAF, Aerospace Engineer

Re: Poll: Re do you care about your CFC ratings?

Hi Kevin, for another iteration of this poll, I know that I would lean towards a single rating that was formed from my results at all time controls, weighted in some way. I realize that this would be challenging, but I vaguely recall someone proposing this previously, where the slower the time control, then the more impact on your rating.

Comment

That might be interesting Aris. I may be wrong, but don't at least some chess servers have a unified rating like you describe, regardless of time control used?

I have posted a similar poll to this one on the CFC Discussion Board, for anyone who wishes to vote there too.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Pacey View Post
        That might be interesting Aris. I may be wrong, but don't at least some chess servers have a unified rating like you describe, regardless of time control used?

I have posted a similar poll to this one on the CFC Discussion Board, for anyone who wishes to vote there too.
        I realize now that you could also have a poll choice regarding FIDE rating, but which is not unified, and CFC members would have little influence trying to make it so. On the other hand, the CFC rating could be unified if we could all agree on the math of it? ;)

Comment

Only my normal CFC rating. I hate my opponents, for they try to damage it.

Comment

My rating is too low to care about either rating :).

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Lohner View Post
              My rating is too low to care about either rating :).
              Don't give up on trying to acheive the kind of rating you wish you had, especially if you're still relatively young, or young at heart.

At the moment the CFC's chief services are the regular and Active ratings that they provide. Except for the fact many organizers still chose to have events CFC rated, thus requiring players to be members, there are not many good reasons to be a CFC member.

Comment

Working...
              X