Phil Haley...a special individual!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phil Haley...a special individual!

Someone I have always respected is Phil Haley.

He has been a fellow who could look at a situation and avoid the politics...the result was always a sensible, logical conclusion. I have not seen Phil for awhile. The last time we spent any real time together was at the last Canadian Open in Ottawa where we shared lunch with his wife, Lawrence Day and Bill Allan.

It is therefore with great pleasure that I would like to point out this item which has appeared on the FIDE site (thanks to Pierre Denomme for pointing it out on the CFC board).

http://www.fide.com/component/conten...rs-awards.html

"Phil Haley will receive the Long Service Meritorious Awards from FIDE. To be considered, arbiters must have receive the IA title before 1975 and must have worked in FIDE major events at least three (3) times."

Congratulations Phil!

You are one of the great contributors to chess at all levels!

Your friend,

Larry

Re: Phil Haley...a special individual!

Congratulations to Phil Haley!! This award from FIDE is so well deserved, for a lifetime of chess leadership filled with significant achievements! :) :)

Comment

Thanks to Phil for his remarkable contribution to Canadian chess over so many years.

Comment

Congratulations.

Two FIDE men during 2010 Canadian Open

Comment

I can't think of a more deserving recipient. Congratulations Phil!

Comment

I had the great pleasure of working with Phil throughout my days at the CFC. For some of that time he was our FIDE representative. He always went to bat for Canada, and stuck up for our status and our individual players. Phi was always ready to answer questions, and to help in any way that he could with respect to the day to day operation of the CFC. And I always enjoyed our conversations because he was filled with interesting chess stories and annecdotes. Congratulations, Phil, on much deserved recognition!

Comment

Working...
            X