Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Olympiad fundraiser Rapid June 14

Olympiad Fundraiser Rapid

We will be staging a special Rapid on Saturday, June 14th with the aim being to raise funds to help with the expenses for the Olympiad team. Thanks to two generous sponsors, we will have an augmented prize fund as well as a complimentary lunch buffet.
    The prizes will be augmented as follows : -
    The overall First Prize will be $400 guaranteed. ($200 is being added by our principal sponsor) I’m guessing at least 30 players will enter which would normally generate a First Prize of $200 and so I am guaranteeing the other half of First Prize.
    The way the Olympiad contribution is calculated is as follows: -
    Whatever amount any of the team members win (that is Bator, Gerzhoy etc an equal amount will be provided by our principal sponsor to go to the team but only to a maximum of $500.
    Nor has the women’s team been forgotten! The sponsor said >>>>>

“If a female team member plays in your event and finishes all her games, (no dropping out), I will donate $50 to their team, else no donation. If no female plays that day, no donation to the female prize!”

Therefore, some enterprising lady can simply show up and play to collect $50. Clearly, this facet of our tournament could use additional sponsorship. Anyone out there want to add another $100, making the women’s prize $100 and boosting the team contribution as well (provided that woman is a member of the team).
    BTW, the women’s team captain Yuri Ochkoos is confident that he can get at least two of the team members to play.

Other cash prizes will be awarded to best scores in rating groupings (the boundaries to be determined by the TD).

So be sure to mark your calendar, the date 14th June precedes the Toronto Blitz Championship on the 15th staged by the Annex Chess Club with a $1000 First Prize.(Wow!)
    With these two attractive events on the same weekend, we will surely draw players from out-of-town. (Montreal, Ottawa, etc)
    Last edited by Vlad Dobrich; Wednesday, 14th May, 2014, 11:23 PM.
Working...
X