QR codes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QR codes

A few years ago, I was at a tournament in the US and noticed that at a concurrent junior event, the postings on the wall had QR codes on them which linked to an online version of the next round pairings. I thought this was pretty neat, useful to players and parents (only have to hang around the pairing sheet long enough and close enough to scan the code) but haven't got around to doing it for my own tournaments (although it is still on the list of things to do).

Anyway, I had reason to renew my USCF membership recently, just received my membership card and it too has a QR code on the back which in this case links to the rating database page for my USCF rating. Also kind of neat and maybe of some use to organizers dealing with players at the registration desk. (Of course, we don't have CFC membership cards and the USCF rating pages loads quickly compared to some whose name won't be mentioned).

Anyone else have some plausible interesting or useful QR applications in the chess world?
Working...
X