Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parents at CYCC 2016 - If organizer's have bughouse

Originally posted by Larry Bevand View Post

BTW, I am against an underground economy, so if you are like me, ask for a receipt which includes tax remittance numbers (check that they are legitimate) or SIN number at the very least.

Larry
    I overwhelmingly agree with what Larry posted in another thread regarding coaching. I would extend it further to chess tournaments as well.

CYCC 2014 at Montreal, participants could play Canadian open for free and after tournament completion they had other tournaments for free with no entry fee at all.

There was no Canadian Open after CYCC in 2015. However CYCC 2015 Windsor organisers charged $20 per team for bughouse, I did not see any payment being made in any form other than cash, nor noticed anyone asking for a receipt, nor any receipt being issued.

CYCC 2016 participants have to pay $195 if they want to play in Canadian Open, plus CYCC 2016 organizers may have a bug house or other event with an entry fee of $10 or $20.

I request you to pass any after tournament event at CYCC with any entry fee. Please do not support money-grubber organizers.

If you still decide to play by paying entry fee, could you please make it conditional on a receipt being issued.
    Last edited by Keerti Nyayachavadi; Friday, 8th July, 2016, 02:42 PM.
Working...
X