RA Fall Open: big early discounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RA Fall Open: big early discounts

I am excited to announce that the first event of the 2009-2010 EOCA Grand Prix has been scheduled for September 25th-27th in Ottawa. It might be a few days before we get to post the whole schedule on our website, but I wanted to post here today because of two significant improvements from last year :

1) I have revamped my whole registration/payment approach to really encourage early registration. The idea is to get more people registered earlier, which creates a buzz, gets more people interested, pushes up the prize fund, and so on. The earlier you register and pay, the more money you save! For example, players who pay by August 3rd (Civic Holiday) will receive a $20 discount from the same regular entry fee we had for the Eastern Ontario Open. All of the specific discount amounts and cutoff dates will be finalized by this evening, but I wanted to give this heads-up earlier in the day, especially to RA club members, to feel free to bring your checkbook or cash to the RA club tonight, as I'll be playing in the pick-up event. For players who are not RA club members, please expect all of the key information to be posted in the next few days, thus giving you plenty of time to mail your cheque in by early August.

2) In running the Ontario Open and the Eastern Ontario Open this past season, I received a lot of appreciative feedback on the budget accommodations at Carleton University. Now, they are not available during the school year, but I will secure at least 1 or 2 other budget options in the next few days for weekend events during the school year, like the RA Fall Open. This information will also be included in the official event announcement, within a few days.

Yours in chess,

Aris Marghetis
    - Organizer/TD
    - EOCA President
Working...
X