Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazon Corporate Chess Tournament.

Hello, chess friends!

My name is Guillermo Mansilla and I'm a Solutions Architect working at Amazon Web Services (AWS), I'm also part of the Amazon Chess Club. The Amazon Chess Club in conjunction with the Washington Chess Federation is organizing an online corporate chess tournament. We're still working on the rules and details but what I can share so far is:

* Fees and prizes will be donated to non-profitable organizations (including local university chess programs that don't receive university funds otherwise)
    * Team size is 4 players per match (subs allowed).
    * Companies can have multiple teams.
    * Players must be full-time employees at your company and must do work other than playing the game for which you are registered.
    * Players must have an active email address at your company domain.
    * Match Format: Scheveningen System in which every board of a team plays every board of the opposing team.
    * 10 rounds, 2.5 months. We're playing on weekends. 1 Hour per round.
    * Time control: 5m + 2s
    * Broadcast: Some matches will be broadcasted (We're still working on commentators and platform)

Call to action:

This is where I need your help.

If you think you can build a team of at least 4 players in your organization and would like to participate on this event, please send me an email (I'll share my email via private message) with the name of your company, player names, chess.com username and approximate ratings (chess.com, FIDE, or your countrie's federation).

Thanks!
Working...
X