RA Fall Open (FIDE & CFC): local registrations this Thursday evening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RA Fall Open (FIDE & CFC): local registrations this Thursday evening

Hi there, for anyone interested in registering/paying, I will be at the RA club this Thursday evening, from about 7pm to 8pm. Please feel free to advise me by email beforehand, as that will speed up checking membership, ratings, etc. It won't be my last Thursday there! ;)

By the way, we've added a third hotel, and I expect that info to be posted later today:

--------- original event announcement ---------

2008 RA Fall Open

The EOCA is pleased to announce the first event of the 2008-2009 EOCA Grand Prix, the RA Fall Open. It is scheduled this year for the weekend after Labour Day. My plan is to spend lots of time with the family on the holiday weekend, thus earning time away to run the tournament the weekend after! :)

Back to the event details, to start this new season, the Top (>=2000) section will now be rated FIDE. In addition, regular participants from past EOCA events will notice that the prize fund is getting chunkier. We're still working on potential sponsorship, but even without that, we should exceed $3000.

On top of that, I used to offer discounts for GM and IM, and now there are also discounts for FM, and for the female equivalents: WGM, WIM, and WFM.

We are also happy to announce that we have formed a partnership with the Crowne Plaza Hotel for those of you who need a place to stay. If you are indeed interested in taking advantage of the rate we negotiated ($100! off their regular weekend rate), I recommend you reserve as soon as you can.

For complete details for this event, and a great webpage to bookmark for all of the events in the 2008-2009 EOCA Grand Prix, please go to this weblink:
    http://www.eoca.org/htm/tournaments%202008-09.html

All the best,

Aris Marghetis, Organizer/TD
    EOCA President, OCA/CFC Governor

P.S. Please note that I check both ChessTalks at least weekly, but that I am still banned from the dark board, so don't bother posting for me there! ;)
Working...
X