Thanks to the team who made the Canadian Open an enjoyable experience for me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks to the team who made the Canadian Open an enjoyable experience for me

Thanks to all of the best team ever in Toronto for the 2010 Canadian Open in Toronto. I would like to first thank Brian Fiedler who is essential for organizing top chess events in Toronto. Also the great team assembled onsite which showed Greater Toronto Chess League organizers fully working together. I dont know if I can remember everybody (there are so many) but here goes: Hal Bond, Michael von Keitz, Aris Marghetis, Erik Malmsten, Brian Lamb, Michael Barron, Ilia Bluvshtein, Ted Winick, Mike Sutton, Vlad Dobrich (who ran an excellent speed tournament with stellar action, lots of participants (over 80!), lots of local stars, great picture coverage and games), and Im sure Im missing some others but what stands out is the countless hours of excellent service by Zeljka Malobabic of MonRoi. For me personally I did a tourist tournament (Kasparovian terminology) taking 3 byes in the middle and thoroughly enjoying the experience of playing in a luxurious site with all its surrounding attractions. I had many, many conversations with a wide number of individuals and the wonderful week culminated with a special day Friday where I played my 5 board blindfold simul starting in the morning, followed by a wonderful lunch, followed by winning the chess trivia contest, followed by winning my game where my opponent fell into an opening trap (a wonderful old idea by Botvinnik) in the French Defence. Actually the black side of the French Defence came through for me in this tournament with two short tactical wins and a nice king hunt.
Working...
X