Alberta Open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alberta Open

Preparations for the Alberta Open are going well. Registrations are starting to roll in. We have players from 3 provinces at this time and it is likely we will sell out as we only have space for 48 players. We normally host this tournament at a local hotel, but decided to save the money and hold it at the Calgary Chess Club which is a decent site.

I am accepting email registrations however, your spot will only be confirmed once your payment is received. The website will show who has paid. As well, you can save $5 by registering by October 1st. After that its $40 per player. We will only take cheques until October 8th, after that it is cash only. Complete details on registration are online.

I am still negotiating special accommodation rates with a couple of hotels in the area. Until I close these deals, players are encouraged to use Hotwire and look for something near the Calgary Airport. You will find a rate for a hotel for $79 per night which is a very good rate for Calgary, normal rates are $100 +. This hotel will be the Travelodge (it doesn't tell you on Hotwire until you book) and it is only 2 blocks from the site. Any hotel you book near the Calgary Airport will be close to the tournament site.

We will be broadcasting the top 3 boards for each round on our website. PGN files will also be available.

Register soon to confirm your spot!

http://www.albertachess.org/2010AO.html
Working...
X