National Capital Open: some discounts extensions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National Capital Open: some discounts extensions

Hi again, the National Capital Open is coming up this weekend, and we have slightly extended the early discounts. The current $20 double-early discount is in effect until this Thursday evening at the RA. If you are planning on paying me then, please bring cash to do it, and ideally catch me before 730pm, as I will then be playing a rated slow game. If you are mailing your payment (cheque or money order), please do so ASAP, so that I receive it by this Thursday.

Please note that registration/payment onsite on Friday evening, before the first pairings at 7pm, will get only a $10 "early" discount. After that, full prices apply, and a Swiss pairing can no longer be guaranteed for Round 1. All onsite payments are in cash, and on Friday evening, Halldor will be taking them.

Finally, we are still looking for up to 4 floater players, who would play 0-5 rounds, for absolutely free! If you might be interested, please email me to apply.

Thanks and regards, Aris & Halldor.

P.S. Is there someone in your life who keeps asking what they can get you for Christmas? How about entry to the Ottawa Winter Open?! And if it would help, send me their email address, and I can help them register you! (of course, other holiday names are also available! ;)

rating name (title last, first)

Masters Section
    2449 IM Hartman, Brian
    2445 IM O'Donnell, Tom
    2339 Qin, Joey
    2329 Masse, Hugues (bye 1)
    2271 Pacey, Kevin
    2202 Upper, John

U2200 Class
    2098 Peng, Jackie
    2089 Forget, David
    2085 Marinkovic, Mate (bye 2)
    2055 Sadeghi, Saeid
    2036 Palsson, Halldor (bye 3) [staff]
    2031 Fritzsche, Helmut (byes 1 & 2)
    2030 Smilovici, Emil
    2007 Kalra, Agastya [floater]
    1980 Marghetis, Aris (bye 1) [staff]
    1953 Donev, Danail
    1924 Danilov, Alex
    1900 Hubley, Roger

U1900 Section
    1892 Wan, Kevin
    1875 Laszlo, Robert (bye 1)
    1828 Dunne, Francesco
    1826 Zhang, Kevin
    1801 Laurin, Marcel
    1789 Ritchie, Gordon
    1776 Tomalty, Alan (confirming RA membership)
    1752 Roth, Gerhard
    1699 Krolczyk, Jacob
    1698 Peters, Romy
    1688 Villeneuve, Luc
    1662 Cova, Ramon (not yet paid)
    1638 Yang, Ryan
    1634 Meyer, Ralf
    1623 Zhang, David
    1602 Eyre, Keven (bye 1)

U1600 Class
    1459 Lukezich, John
    1396 Zhang, Jeff (CFC membership expired)
    1317 Elleithy, Hisham (confirming RA membership)
    1291 Ju, Terry
    1274 Carroll, Billy (renewing CFC membership)
    1218 Fritzsche, Philipp (byes 1 & 2)
    1173 Peng, Janet (not yet paid)
    1104 Ju, Larry
    1049 Amirshadova, Victoria

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

EOCA Tournaments webpage : http://www.eoca.org/htm/tournaments_2011-12.html
    entries posted @ ChessTalk : http://www.chesstalk.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2

Hi chess fans, the EOCA (Eastern Ontario Chess Association) is pleased to announce the 2011 National Capital Open. After some experimentation with our last two Ottawa events, we are returning to our more "regular" format from the last few years. The only significant difference from, for example, the 2011 Ottawa Spring Open, is that we are concentrating with 4 sections/classes rather than 5, in order to ensure increasing the variety of opponents.

Finally, I am delighted to announce that Halldor Palsson is joining me to help run this tournament! He will be kickstarting the event on Friday evening, and he will be providing Swiss-Sys pairings throughout the weekend, including the last round, where FIDE pairing rules are slightly different. Thanks Halldor! :)

Yours in chess,

Aris Marghetis
    International Arbiter
    arismarghetis at rogers dot com
Working...
X