Chess in Germany...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chess in Germany...

It looks like the chess scene in Germany is bustling! One of our customers was in the Toronto shop on the weekend....he had just spent the last 2 months touring Europe, visiting the chess shops and clubs. He said that Germany was by far the most interesting country to visit for chess.

Those of you who frequent our Toronto store know our very knowledgeable and efficient sales person, Andrew McMillan. This morning I got an e-mail from Andrew. This is what he had to say:

"I'm in Leipzig. When I got here there was a simul set up in the mall under the rail station. It was to promote the Dresden Olympiad. They had four tables, a mini-stage with professionally done back-drop listing all the sponsors of the Olympiad, a big-screen TV showing a promotional video about the Olympiad, promotional pamphlets & booklets and a microphone & sound-system for the organizer.
    The organizer told me that it was 3-day event , when I came the next day he was running a blitz tournament.

Pretty impressive considering the Olympiad is being held in another city. Needless to say, they sure know how to do these things here..."
Working...
X