Tip of the Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tip of the Day

Don't use up all your tips at once, people.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

If you ever bite into something very hot, like an exotic jalapeno pepper, or hot chili pepper and your mouth is burning, water and milk won't help much. The only cure that I know of is to suck on a piece of fresh sour lemon. Works like a charm.

:)
    Last edited by Fred Henderson; Wednesday, 2nd August, 2023, 09:43 PM.

Originally posted by Fred Henderson View Post

If you ever bite into something very hot, like an exotic jalapeno pepper, or hot chili pepper and your mouth is burning, water and milk won't help much. The only cure that I know of is to suck on a piece of fresh sour lemon. Works like a charm.

Conversely, the remedy for sucking on a sour lemon is to bite into an exotic jalapeno pepper.

Comment

Originally posted by Pargat Perrer View Post

Conversely, the remedy for sucking on a sour lemon is to bite into an exotic jalapeno pepper.
      I wish i hadn't looked. Have you ever made a serious post? This silly game you play is getting very boring. oooh yeah, a very good tip for a masochist.

Comment

Originally posted by Pargat Perrer View Post

LOL! Good one, Pargat.
        "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
        "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
        "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Henderson View Post

I haven't tried lemon but one bite of a fresh peach will take care of the burning sensation almost immediately. I've been told that the following are as effective as a fresh peach but I haven't tried any of them:
          - canned peaches (makes sense)
          - fresh apricot
          - fresh mango.
          "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
          "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
          "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

Working...
          X