Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Re : Re: Re : Re: Global climate change

Originally posted by Kevin Pacey View Post
    Not only that, but there can be tricks played with the data, intentionally or not (much like a chess annotator can make an unsound opening look playable). One time I heard a denier explain that there had been a record Global Average Temperature (let's call this GAT) declared for a certain recent year. It was, say, the previous record GAT plus 0.X degrees. What was not mentioned in the announcement (or by the generally left wing media) was that the margin of error was more than 0.X degrees.
    I suppose 2014 was the year the denier that I listened to the other day was refering to, along with NASA being the announcer originally (at least they later admitted they might have got things wrong). Here's one link (another one I wanted to use caused me problems):

http://www.reportingclimatescience.c...mest-year.html
    Last edited by Kevin Pacey; Wednesday, 11th March, 2015, 11:25 PM. Reason: Spelling
    Anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
    Murphy's law, by Edward A. Murphy Jr., USAF, Aerospace Engineer

Comment

Re : Re: Re : Re: Re : Re: Global climate change

Originally posted by Kevin Pacey View Post
      I suppose 2014 was the year the denier that I listened to the other day was refering to, along with NASA being the announcer originally (at least they later admitted they might have got things wrong). Here's one link (another one I wanted to use caused me problems):

http://www.reportingclimatescience.c...mest-year.html
      At first I just could not believe what I was reading! I fail to understand the point of this report. Who cares if 2014 was the warmest year, or if it was tied with 2010 and 2005? This is completely irrelevant. Who wrote this by the way?

Comment

Re: Re : Re: Re : Re: Re : Re: Global climate change

Originally posted by Louis Morin View Post
        At first I just could not believe what I was reading! I fail to understand the point of this report. Who cares if 2014 was the warmest year, or if it was tied with 2010 and 2005? This is completely irrelevant. Who wrote this by the way?
        The point is perhaps that it is an example of the 'science' gone wrong (if one trusts it in the first place), and that perhaps not all deniers are necessarily making false claims. Indeed, 2014 was touted as a record, i.e. a sign that things are heating up to this day. I still wonder, why not be more open and continue to call the controversy global warming, if indeed overall warming is supposed to be involved, and be the most significant aspect by far? In fact, 'Global warming' perhaps should still be a better sell (from the point of view of urgency) to the public, if there is indeed real consensus that it is still happening. Anyway, possibly the point of the report was only to mention certain facts that are given; the website could be just a place to provide any kind of updates on matters at all pertaining to the controversy.

I did not see any names attached within the link I gave, although one can commit oneself by emailing the 'contact' given in order to enquire. Perhaps it was a 'shady' denier site, though the story may be true word for word at least for once. Like I alluded to, there were other search results for googling 'is record global average temperature for 2014 within margin of error', but my computer practically crashed while it was finishing loading a site I liked the look of better, apparently because of the script (though sometimes I wonder about malware being involved when I go to a site involving a controversial topic that crashes my computer).
        Last edited by Kevin Pacey; Thursday, 12th March, 2015, 01:22 PM. Reason: Adding content

Comment

Anthropogenic Global warming is a joke and a hoax and a religion. The people promoting this often openly, or in the leaked climategate emails, admit that they feel that lying, adjusting, obscuring, hiding or even destroying data to further the cause is a legitimate tactic. They are entitled. They are also entitled not to follow the discipline that they seek to impose on the rest of the great unwashed because they are on a holy mission for Gaia, their goddess.

Too bad this respect for their goddess does not result in respect for women who are simply objects that the newly powerful priests of the state religion can use at their own whim.

http://polarbearscience.com/2015/02/...s-my-religion/

"Rajendra Pachauri’s Resignation Letter: ‘A two-page love letter to himself’ "
          Last edited by Vlad Drkulec; Thursday, 12th March, 2015, 03:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Louis Morin View Post
            I googled "97% dispute" and found this interesting website:

http://www.theguardian.com/environme...humans-causing
            "The Guardian is a UK national daily newspaper known for its liberal, left-wing stance"

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
              Anthropogenic Global warming is a joke and a hoax and a religion. The people promoting this often openly, or in the leaked climategate emails, admit that they feel that lying, adjusting, obscuring, hiding or even destroying data to further the cause is a legitimate tactic. They are entitled. They are also entitled not to follow the discipline that they seek to impose on the rest of the great unwashed because they are on a holy mission for Gaia, their goddess.
              I've heard that Suzuki is into that sort of religious belief, too.

To be fair, there is also belief that one of the signs that we may be in the End Times is that the world's weather will be out of kilter. If so, it could be caused by man, or otherwise.

Comment

Working...
              X