On My ChessTalk Tab...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On My ChessTalk Tab...

I get the message that "connection on this page is not secure" when sitting on the page before logging in. "Login could be compromised." Or words to that effect.

I use FireFox 50.0b1.
    Last edited by Ken MacDonald; Sunday, 25th September, 2016, 11:37 AM.

Re: On My ChessTalk Tab...

Originally posted by J. Ken MacDonald View Post
    I get the message that "connection on this page is not secure" when sitting on the page before logging in. "Login could be compromised." Or words to that effect.

I use FireFox 50.0b1.
    I have to think that is because the connection to chesstalk is HTTP not HTTPS... It seems Firefox version 50 (perhaps earlier ones) are kind of rabid about thinking that ALL websites should support SSL connections - a kind of stupid idea really since there is nothing terribly critical at ChessTalk and requiring an HTTPS connection is somewhat overkill. Web sites that sell products or accept credit cards etc should absolutely be HTTPS.

I am using Chrome and it doesn't complain about the lack of HTTPS but it does highlight when it IS used...

Most likely you can ignore Firefox's protestations as far as visiting ChessTalk is concerned (but that may not be the case for other web sites; as in so many things, it depends...)
    ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Working...
    X