X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Trump

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
    https://www.us-cert.gov/sites/defaul...-2016-1229.pdf

Democrats appear to be the last ones to have gotten the memo about phishing scams. They fell for multiple similar scams. They were not hacked. They opened the front door and let everyone in. Kind of like their immigration policy.
    Have to agree with you, Vlad. And if any liberal really believes the liberal-creation of the "Russian Connection" that Trump secretly has, they should have seen the United Nations Russian Federation Rep addressing the US today at the U.N. Security Council. There is no lost love here at all, the Russian rep was very aggressive and placed all blame on "unproven" claims of chemical weapons by the US and allies.

The real-life relationship between US and Russia does not match the liberal-creation of the "Russian Connection".

Mavros

Comment

Originally posted by J. Ken MacDonald View Post
      I always enjoy Blow's and Peter's unbiased comments. Here are a few Obama comments that were never mentioned by them.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-journal...ama-and-trump/
      Had Barrack Obama's pearls of wisdom been treated with the same scrutiny as Dan Quayle's these and many more of his malapropisms would have drawn howls of amusement. Alas instead we were regaled with stories of shivers up journalists' legs.

Comment

I always enjoy Blow's and Peter's unbiased comments. Here are a few Obama comments that were never mentioned by them.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-journal...ama-and-trump/
        Just so you know, you're linking to a website that has a "black crime" section. That's where you get your news? Says a lot more about you than it does about Obama.
        everytime it hurts, it hurts just like the first (and then you cry till there's no more tears)

Comment

• This n' That

Originally posted by ben daswani View Post
          Just so you know, you're linking to a website that has a "black crime" section. That's where you get your news? Says a lot more about you than it does about Obama.
          If you are as thorough as you have always indicated, surely you would have clicked on the various light blue sections to see where they lead. I did so on a bunch of them and lo and behold, other "trusted sources" (words you might use) including WAPO, CNN, Real Clear Politics and even YOUTUBE clips of the great orator himself.

I realize that the far left, even slightly left and all the TDS members attack the messenger as a way of not being required to "see" the news, that the news is not true.

But, I digress, did you read anything in the article or simply shudder and closet that "horrible" site?

I guess I should close this out before PB weighs in and I can't even open this thread again.

As usual, I won't feed the trolls here again.

Comment

• Re: This n' That

If you are as thorough as you have always indicated, surely you would have clicked on the various light blue sections to see where they lead. I did so on a bunch of them and lo and behold, other "trusted sources" (words you might use) including WAPO, CNN, Real Clear Politics and even YOUTUBE clips of the great orator himself.

I realize that the far left, even slightly left and all the TDS members attack the messenger as a way of not being required to "see" the news, that the news is not true.

But, I digress, did you read anything in the article or simply shudder and closet that "horrible" site?

I guess I should close this out before PB weighs in and I can't even open this thread again.

As usual, I won't feed the trolls here again.
            You're either being deliberately obtuse or you missed Ben's point.

And regarding Obama's verbal miscues, what President in the last few decades hasn't made a ton of them. Hardly a day goes by that a President doesn't have to make some off-the-cuff responses to press questions. Mistakes are understandable. What is not understandable is Trump's penchant for telling obvious lies and then stonewalling or attacking rather than apologizing.

Here's a brief article by a respected conservative journalist who writes for the National Review, a respected conservative periodical (i.e. not a tabloid-quality piece of crap like Breitbart): https://m.townhall.com/columnists/jo...enemy-n2308631

Clearly there are some conservatives (perhaps those with three-digit IQs?) who are not happy with America's simpleton President.

And btw, your "I won't feed the trolls" comment is getting a little stale. You took a gratuitous swipe at Paul Bonham who isn't even participating in this sub-thread. I believe that makes you a troll.
            "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
            "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
            "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

Originally posted by Peter McKillop View Post
              ....And btw, your "I won't feed the trolls" comment is getting a little stale. You took a gratuitous swipe at Paul Bonham who isn't even participating in this sub-thread. I believe that makes you a troll.
              Oh, I thought he was referring to Paul Beckwith.... :D

Actually, I took MacDonald's comment ("I guess I should close this out before PB weighs in and I can't even open this thread again") more as a comment on him than on me. MacDonald probably won't even respond to your posting, Peter, since you used more than 1 paragraph! And a thread with multiple responses gets more and more challenging for the poor oldster.

And I do love it when people are critical of postings they consider to be too wordy.... some of these people even graduated from some university or another, where - gasp! - they had to write a multi-page essay to get a grade!
              Only the rushing is heard...
              Onward flies the bird.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter McKillop View Post
                You're either being deliberately obtuse or you missed Ben's point.

And regarding Obama's verbal miscues, what President in the last few decades hasn't made a ton of them. Hardly a day goes by that a President doesn't have to make some off-the-cuff responses to press questions. Mistakes are understandable. What is not understandable is Trump's penchant for telling obvious lies and then stonewalling or attacking rather than apologizing.

Here's a brief article by a respected conservative journalist who writes for the National Review, a respected conservative periodical (i.e. not a tabloid-quality piece of crap like Breitbart): https://m.townhall.com/columnists/jo...enemy-n2308631

Clearly there are some conservatives (perhaps those with three-digit IQs?) who are not happy with America's simpleton President.

And btw, your "I won't feed the trolls" comment is getting a little stale. You took a gratuitous swipe at Paul Bonham who isn't even participating in this sub-thread. I believe that makes you a troll.

Lying Politicians: The Worst Liars In American Politics

Here's your top five:

Bill Clinton

Barack Obama

Nancy Pelosi

Richard Nixon

Hillary Clinton

Trump is ranked 51st ... both Clintons in the top 5ive ...lol!

http://www.ranker.com/crowdranked-li...rican-politics

j'adoube

Comment

• "Press the launch button and all is forgiven."

President Trump has a whack of new friends with his missile attack on Syria. And it's not just ISIS and Al Qaeda who have publicly praised the POTUS. All sorts of neo-cons, "liberal" interventionists, cruise missile "humanitarians", determined opponents of Trump, &tc., have suddenly found their genuine affection for The Donald and are practically whooping for joy.

You aren't "really" a President unless you kill some defenseless people in a foreign country. In response to a NY Times article, suddenly praising a President they had, hitherto, mercilessly attacked, Doug Henwood noted:

"Press the launch button and all is forgiven."

Trump also allegedly has shares in Raytheon - which makes the [59] Tomahawk missiles that were fired. Raytheon share prices went way up, temporarily increasing their value by $1.4 Billion overnight, before going back to a more modest gain by noon trading.

War is hell but it's great for certain business interests.

Donald Trump owns stock in the Tomahawk missiles he used in Syria or "Make Donald Rich Again!"
                  Last edited by Nigel Hanrahan; Saturday, 8th April, 2017, 04:40 PM. Reason: colour
                  Dogs will bark, but the caravan of chess moves on.

Comment

• Re: "Press the launch button and all is forgiven."

Originally posted by Nigel Hanrahan View Post
                    President Trump has a whack of new friends with his missile attack on Syria. And it's not just ISIS and Al Qaeda who have publicly praised the POTUS. All sorts of neo-cons, "liberal" interventionists, cruise missile "humanitarians", determined opponents of Trump, &tc., have suddenly found their genuine affection for The Donald and are practically whooping for joy.

You aren't "really" a President unless you kill some defenseless people in a foreign country. In response to a NY Times article, suddenly praising a President they had, hitherto, mercilessly attacked, Doug Henwood noted:

"Press the launch button and all is forgiven."

Trump also allegedly has shares in Raytheon - which makes the [59] Tomahawk missiles that were fired. Raytheon share prices went way up, temporarily increasing their value by $1.4 Billion overnight, before going back to a more modest gain by noon trading.

War is hell but it's great for certain business interests.

Donald Trump owns stock in the Tomahawk missiles he used in Syria
                    And so says Putin's ass kissing sycophant.

Comment

Notwithstanding Sid's over-the-top rhetoric, I predict a sudden "lack of interest" in the MSM about the alleged Russia connection with Trump, election interference, etc. And maybe just in time; what the Democrats did in the election process may very well have been illegal/criminal.

Watch as the neo-cons [possibly Kasparov], cruise missile humanitarians, etc., do backflips as they explain how "they have always supported the President", etc., etc.. Nothing like reports of war to warm the hearts of some ...

Happy trails. Keep smiling.

Comment

Yeah, I skimmed the article. It was stupid. A bunch of slight miscues mixed with the odd quasi-error that Breitbart's brave defenders of the free press seem to have intentionally misinterpreted. What's your point? That Obama messed up during the odd speech? Who gives a shit? Trump said he wanted to date a ten-year-old girl. Trump said you have to treat women "like shit." Why are you going full O'Donnell and comparing the disgusting, misogynistic, xenophobic rantings of Trump to the ordinary errors of an ordinary politician?

Jeez, and in another thread recently people wondered why their are so few women in chess. Can you blame them? You think the average woman wants to be surrounded by a bunch of old, conservative Trump apologists? Because that's how this website makes the chess scene look sometimes.
                        everytime it hurts, it hurts just like the first (and then you cry till there's no more tears)

Comment

Notwithstanding Sid's over-the-top rhetoric, I predict a sudden "lack of interest" in the MSM about the alleged Russia connection with Trump, election interference, etc. And maybe just in time; what the Democrats did in the election process may very well have been illegal/criminal.

Watch as the neo-cons [possibly Kasparov], cruise missile humanitarians, etc., do backflips as they explain how "they have always supported the President", etc., etc.. Nothing like reports of war to warm the hearts of some ...

Happy trails. Keep smiling.
                          With your predictions and .50 cents I could buy myself perhaps a half of a cup of coffee. Look at your track record here on chesstalk, you were so sure that Kirsan would come here to the US and vindicate himself that you were buying popcorn to watch the spectacle. You even thought the communist party was the right horse to back in the days of the USSR. At your highest rating ever you were a A class rated player but in politics and prognosticating you are a total fish, you might be rated 1200 giving you some marks for your ability to use warn out cliches in your writings.

Comment

• "A day without blood is like a day without sunshine."

Some evidence.

Donald Trump "is in touch with his feelings" says the NY Times. Gosh.

Trump "kept his options open". What a brilliant statesman, says Rime Allaf of Middle East Eye.

A Putin dupe? No way! He embarrassed the Rooskies! Obama was never such a macho man!

USA Today: War makes peace more possible. George Orwell, take note.

Trump has "risen to the ocassion". Peace is for wusses.

You get the idea. Shoot first and ask questions later. The Duke would approve. A day without blood is like a day without sunshine.

Comment

Notwithstanding Sid's over-the-top rhetoric, I predict a sudden "lack of interest" in the MSM about the alleged Russia connection with Trump, election interference, etc. And maybe just in time; what the Democrats did in the election process may very well have been illegal/criminal......

I agree with your first conclusion, and in fact.... I am tending to think this entire episode is a charade orchestrated by Trump and Putin. No, not "fake news" -- the missiles were fired.

Think about it: the pressure was building on Trump. Nunes was running amok making things worse. There was a real possibility of impeachment or other serious damage to the administration. Putin gets a line of communication to Trump and says, "We'll arrange a gas attack in Syria, you respond with missiles after a day or two, and we'll allow a few Syrian air force planes to be blown up. In return, you get a lot of the pressure taken off as it appears you have turned against Assad and (by association) myself. In the end, the political atmosphere for you will be much better in Washington, there will be a letting up of the investigations against you because now you appear anti-Russia."

There are reports that the Syrian military had advance notice of the attack and moved things around so as to minimize damages. These reports indicate that the planes destroyed were ones that were in hangars for repair. The VERY NEXT DAY, Syrian jets were taking off from that very air base and dropping bombs on rebels AND on citizens. No shock and awe, hardly even a hiccup in operations. Only a PERCEPTION in the U.S. media that something had been done.

Trump doesn't have to do anything else. He's suddenly so human and compassionate, talking about how pics of the gassed Syrian babies turned his mind around. It's all in his favor. Brilliant. And there is virtually no interruption to the ongoing operations within Syria. The Washington committees are going to suddenly stop looking so deep into Trump. Everything is going to slow down, total release of pressure.
                              Only the rushing is heard...
                              Onward flies the bird.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Bonham View Post
                                I agree with your first conclusion, and in fact.... I am tending to think this entire episode is a charade orchestrated by Trump and Putin. No, not "fake news" -- the missiles were fired.
                                A nice theory, and it keeps up the Putin/Russia/Trump narrative that's been so ubiquitous. But the theory will be disproved if Trump continues to escalate the violence in Syria. Which I think he will.

eta: Secondly, D. Medvedev, Putin's predecessor and Prime Minister, noted that Russia has suspended their arrangement with the Americans - called the Memorandum of Understanding on the Prevention of Flight Safety Incidents - regarding making sure US and Russian aircraft don't fire at each other over Syria, called an Emergency meeting of the UN Security Council, sent the Admiral Grigorovich frigate off to the Mediterranean, and made an announcement regarding the upgrading of Syrian air defenses. These, taken together, completely contradict your claim. I suppose the tin foil hat crowd can always find a conspiracy. MSNBC's O'Donnell is a wing nut example of such.

Furthermore, for the neo cons, there's really nothing but open war which will "do". This is the view of Robert Kagan, Kasparov, etc.. For them, all really is forgiven if you just press the launch button. Dr. Strangelove lives.

Incidently, I understand that John Wayne was asked to play a major role in the film. The Duke turned Kubrick down cold. lol.

The other angle is that the simpler explanation is the best. Yours is rather too conspiratorial. Trump campaigned on a more sensible, less aggressive, less Russophobic, less "regime change" and violation of international law and norms. He's been put under pressure, and wilted, and, now that he has, the pressure will be doubled and re-doubled on him. What's to stop Trump becoming a plaything of the Deep State and neo-con chicken hawks as Obama was?

These guys are hood ornaments on a runaway train. Don't look at the shiny chrome. Look where the train is going.
                                Last edited by Nigel Hanrahan; Sunday, 9th April, 2017, 02:01 PM. Reason: 2nd, etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X