NAYCC - Breakdown by Country, province and or region

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAYCC - Breakdown by Country, province and or region

We are working on this at the present time. The U.S. sent about 80 players, Costa Rica around 5, Mexico around 4 and Haiti around 3. From Canada, Quebec had 22 players, Windsor ON 15 and B.C. 12 (all numbers are approximative). I would guess that Ontario had about 200 players....including Windsor (we do include Windsor as part of Ontario...right John Coleman :)

I will come back in the next few days with exact numbers.

Larry

Re: NAYCC - Breakdown by Country, province and or region

Hi Larry

A pity you didn't compile location stats at the time of registration. Ah well, next time. Windsor players all had a great time, and were drooling over the trophies.

Windsor is a long way from the centre of civilization, but is still, unfortunately, part of Ontario. The only recognition we get is the kind no one wants... for example, we have twice as many CFC executives as the rest of Ontario. :p

Comment

Originally posted by John Coleman View Post
      Hi Larry

A pity you didn't compile location stats at the time of registration. Ah well, next time. Windsor players all had a great time, and were drooling over the trophies.

Windsor is a long way from the centre of civilization, but is still, unfortunately, part of Ontario. The only recognition we get is the kind no one wants... for example, we have twice as many CFC executives as the rest of Ontario. :p
      Hi John,

We have the data...we just have to compile it...today I played with the U10 section...(it was either that or pay our bills...so for those we owe money too...I am on vacation)

It was very interesting...you will see some of this here at some point in the near future...you planted the seeds and inspired your gang...so at the end of the day...you are responsible :)

Honestly...congrats for insiring others!

As for being a CFC admin person...I certainly would not spend my time there...did that as a governor and a FIDE Chess in the Schools committe member...in the early 1980's (when I believed) ...and walked away totally disappointed.

Unless things have changed in 30 years...which they may have...your guys will realize where they can make a contribution...on the ground....hope I am wrong!

Larry

Comment

You might create your own map after CFC will rate tournaments. It might be a hard work too to pick out all players and their living places from the CFC database.

Comment

Before the CFC revised their website and the ratings database in 2010-11, crosstables included each player's membership number. I wrote a little program which identified the location (from tdlist.txt) for each player in a crosstable. Unfortunately, it won't work now, because on the new crosstables the membership number does not appear.

It might be possible for some clever programmer to link the crosstables and tdlist, but it's too difficult for me.

Regarding NAYCC, it would have been interesting for the pairings and the crosstables to have each player's province and country shown... the peanut gallery would have been interested, anyway.

Comment

Before the CFC revised their website and the ratings database in 2010-11, crosstables included each player's membership number. I wrote a little program which identified the location (from tdlist.txt) for each player in a crosstable. Unfortunately, it won't work now, because on the new crosstables the membership number does not appear.

It might be possible for some clever programmer to link the crosstables and tdlist, but it's too difficult for me.

Regarding NAYCC, it would have been interesting for the pairings and the crosstables to have each player's province and country shown... the peanut gallery would have been interested, anyway.
            When I was volunteering at the tournament, I was also very curious about who were the Spanish players. Break down by US State is also interesting for distance travelled.

Comment

the players # is hidden in the HTML <a href="/players?check_rating_number=XYXYXY&amp;key=27d52bcb3580724eb4cbe9f2718a9365">

Comment

Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
                the players # is hidden in the HTML
                Well I knew that, but it's damn near impossible for a person with my limited programming skills to extract the membership number on an automated basis.

Comment

Working...
                X