2013 World Junior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 World Junior

The Chess'n Math Association sponsored the Canadian Junior ( $12,000) which qualified Richard Wang of Alberta to the the 2013 World Junior. We are paying airfare for him and his Dad to to the 2013 World Junior ($4,000...included in the $12,000) .The World Junior begins shortly in Turkey...As you may know there are things happenig in Syria...which is a border country to Turkey....the Turkish organizers have moved the location of the World Junior at the last minute ...just in case! I am happy to report that Richard has confirmed his participation at the new location! We all wish him well and we will follow him move by move!

For more details go to: http://wjcc2013.tsf.org.tr/

I have been asked by a number of parents if the CMA will be organizing the next Canadian Junior. For the record the CFC has not asked us to do so. I do not know what their plans are for the next cycle. At the CMA we believe that the format we adopted in 2012-13, is the way Canadian Chess has to be developed. A bright young parent from B.C. said to me at the 2013 CYCC...Larry...if you only do this once to say...this is how it should be done...it may be good for your ego (she was not so blunt LOL) but it will only give fruit if you make it happen on a continuous basis...hmmm...I thought about this...and she is right (did I mention she was bright :).

Maybe the CFC can enlighten us with their plans for the next Canadian Junior...and we can go from there...Fred?

If you would like to know more about our organization: www.chess-math.org Canada's National Scholastic Chess Organization!

If you want to support us in our mission, simply make a purchase at www.strategygames.ca or contact me at bevand at chess-math dot org

The Chess'n Math Association has been supporting scholastic chess in Canada since 1985...thanks to YOUR support!

Thanks!

Larry Bevand
    Executive Director
    Chess'n Math Association

Re: 2013 World Junior

Great opportunity you are giving these juniors. Thank you Mr. Bevand.

Comment

Regarding cjcc: the cfc acts passively - submitt a bid and actions start. Not other way around. Thus, everything in your hands, Larry LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
        Regarding cjcc: the cfc acts passively - submitt a bid and actions start. Not other way around. Thus, everything in your hands, Larry LOL
        Technically the Tournament Coordinator is supposed to actively pursue bids, however.
        Christopher Mallon
        FIDE Arbiter

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Bevand View Post
          The Chess'n Math Association sponsored the Canadian Junior ( $12,000) which qualified Richard Wang of Alberta to the the 2013 World Junior. We are paying airfare for him and his Dad to to the 2013 World Junior ($4,000...included in the $12,000) .The World Junior begins shortly in Turkey...As you may know there are things happenig in Syria...which is a border country to Turkey....the Turkish organizers have moved the location of the World Junior at the last minute ...just in case! I am happy to report that Richard has confirmed his participation at the new location! We all wish him well and we will follow him move by move!

For more details go to: http://wjcc2013.tsf.org.tr/

If you would like to know more about our organization: www.chess-math.org Canada's National Scholastic Chess Organization!

If you want to support us in our mission, simply make a purchase at www.strategygames.ca or contact me at bevand at chess-math dot org

The Chess'n Math Association has been supporting scholastic chess in Canada since 1985...thanks to YOUR support!

Thanks!

Larry Bevand
          Executive Director
          Chess'n Math Association
          Thank you Larry Bevand, along with your very capable and energetic Chess 'n Math Crew, for making quality events like the most recent 2013 Canadian Junior and 2013 North American Youth Chess Championship happen in Canada, and for providing opportunity for our talented youth.

People often talk about organizing great chess events in Canada, if only we had the $$ to do it. Sponsors are hard to come by, and none of us personally have large amounts of $$ lying around to donate to major chess events. But, many of us have $20 or $50 bucks to make a purchase at Chess 'n Math for the quality chess products that we want, and by doing so, we are also lending our support to Chess 'n Math to invest in more quality Canadian youth chess events -- it seems like a win-win opportunity for us all.
          Last edited by Victoria Jung-Doknjas; Thursday, 5th September, 2013, 01:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Bevand View Post
            I have been asked by a number of parents if the CMA will be organizing the next Canadian Junior. For the record the CFC has not asked us to do so. I do not know what their plans are for the next cycle.
            I believe the CFC "plan" is for interested organisers to bid on the event. That's the CFC way of doing things.

So it's your move, Larry.

Comment

Working...
            X