Hoping that there are less conflicts among the tournaments CFC and CMA organizers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hoping that there are less conflicts among the tournaments CFC and CMA organizers

Tournaments in Toronto and GTA ( September 2013 and onwards )

Sep-13 Oct-13 Nov-13 Dec-13 Jan-14 Feb-14
    Week 1 Week 2 Week 3 Week 4 Week 1 Week 2 Week 3 Week 4 Week 1 Week 2 Week 3 Week 4 Week 1 Week 2 Week 3 Week 4 Week 1 Week 2 Week 3 Week 4 Week 1 Week 2 Week 3 Week 4
    1. CMA
    2. CFC
    2.1 Guelph Pro-Am Nov2-3 Jan 25-26
    2.2 Toronto Oct 12-14 Oct 19-20
    2.3 Kitchener Oct 12
    2.4 Campbellville Sep 21 Nov16-17
    2.5 London

Chess tournaments in Canada by and large are not many. Hopefully there will be less tournaments held on the same day just like what happen during the recent labor day. This will benefit both the organizers and the players as well. If only the organizers could plan way ahead in time and more co-operation among themselves, that will be great for the good of chess in Canada. The above is done in spreadsheet so may not look good above

Cheers !

Re: Hoping that there are less conflicts among the tournaments CFC and CMA organizers

The events seem to be played in sections. I'd assume a player would play where there is a better chance of winning a prize and/or at a location which is close to reach.

I don't see how that hurts players or organizers.
    Gary Ruben
    CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Re: Hoping that there are less conflicts among the tournaments CFC and CMA organizers

Hi Gary ;
      Players play where they are most comfortable. If organizers run events no matter where they are, it is up to local chess community to support it. I felt that the SWOCL let down the Kitchener tournament. They have many juniors and they have many players west of the G.T.A. any low turnout should be questioned by the players not coming, not the organizers.
      I have not checked the full list but did you and your son play in Kitchener?
      Last edited by John Brown; Friday, 6th September, 2013, 07:53 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Hua View Post
        [B]Tournaments in Toronto and GTA ( September 2013 and onwards )
        Though you are so concern about tournaments but I don't see you on a pre-reg list of Aurora Open. LOL

Anyway, organizers/players can not satisfy every player/organizer. There are not many long weekends in a year. As I understand only Ontario Open (Victoria day) is more or less protected by agreement amongst Ontario leagues.

imo, it was great that two tournaments were held during Labour Day quite close in space.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Hua View Post
          Tournaments in Toronto and GTA ( September 2013 and onwards )

Sep-13 Oct-13 Nov-13 Dec-13 Jan-14 Feb-14
          Week 1 Week 2 Week 3 Week 4 Week 1 Week 2 Week 3 Week 4 Week 1 Week 2 Week 3 Week 4 Week 1 Week 2 Week 3 Week 4 Week 1 Week 2 Week 3 Week 4 Week 1 Week 2 Week 3 Week 4
          1. CMA
          2. CFC
          2.1 Guelph Pro-Am Nov2-3 Jan 25-26
          2.2 Toronto Oct 12-14 Oct 19-20
          2.3 Kitchener Oct 12
          2.4 Campbellville Sep 21 Nov16-17
          2.5 London

Chess tournaments in Canada by and large are not many. Hopefully there will be less tournaments held on the same day just like what happen during the recent labor day. This will benefit both the organizers and the players as well. If only the organizers could plan way ahead in time and more co-operation among themselves, that will be great for the good of chess in Canada. The above is done in spreadsheet so may not look good above

Cheers !

That is so much easier said than done. ;) Its kinda of hard to do. I suspect that some organizers plan a couple of months ahead. I have planned myself up to three months ahead for the one or two that I have run. I have appreciated your org skills in putting the tourneys on this post, very nice. Interested in doing this as a regular chess calender updater on chesstalk?

Comment

Just a quick CMA calendar update -

At the request of many, and to accommodate Hal Bond's 2-3
            November Guelph event, and Bob Gillanders' 16-17 November
            Campbellville event, we have moved our Grand Prix 1 to 24 Nov!

Our remaining events for 2013 only:

29 SEPT: Open Scholastic Tournament
            27 OCT.: Grand Halloween Tournament
            24 NOV.: 2013-14 Grand Prix 1 Tournament
            15 DEC.: Grand Christmas Tournament

An updated CMA Tournament schedule for the scholastic
            year 2013-14 will follow shortly.

Thanks!
            Francis

Comment

Thanks Francis !

Comment

Working...
              X