Sinquefeld Cup in St Louis Hikaru leads at the half!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sinquefeld Cup in St Louis Hikaru leads at the half!

Hikaru Nakamura (who sometimes posts here) is leading at the half. with 2.5 from 3! Almost perfect and for him perfect as he got a draw as Black against Magic Magnus. His other successes are wins against Aronian and Kamsky. Hope he continues his torrid pace.

Re: Sinquefeld Cup in St Louis Hikaru leads at the half!

Originally posted by Hans Jung View Post
    Hikaru Nakamura (who sometimes posts here) is leading at the half. with 2.5 from 3! Almost perfect and for him perfect as he got a draw as Black against Magic Magnus. His other successes are wins against Aronian and Kamsky. Hope he continues his torrid pace.

At the very least, he might get a commercial deal with Rayban ...

See this pic he tweeted: https://twitter.com/GMHikaru/status/378158530785591296
    ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

http://uschesschamps.com/2013-sinquefield-cup-round-3 I didnt know the extent of the sensation Hikaru caused until I saw this. Its a photo essay of Round 3 and the photographer was captivated by Naka's sunglasses. The vast majority of these photos were of Naka and sunglasses! By the way is that Grant Spraggett in the front row of spectators in Photo 18?

Comment

Nope, that's not him. I can see where you're coming from with the resemblance but having seen him just so recently at the NL Open I can say for sure it's not him.

Also, that man is holding a cell phone... so it cannot be Grant!

Comment

Thanks Aman for responding. How are things in Spain? Are you adjusting?

Comment

Hikaru Nakamura played an uninspired Kings Indian in rd4 and lost to Levon Aronian. This turned out to be a key game as Magnus Carlsen leapfrogged over Hikaru into first place with his win against Gata Kamsky. Levon Aronian is back in the tournament half a point behind Nakamura. Gata Kamsky will end up with a minus score for the tournament and is almost 100% assured of last place. Lets hope he can win a magical game in his style before the end of the tournament for some consolation.

Comment

Carlsen sends a message

The 6th round featured another vintage Carlsen grind, this time against Aronian. After enduring Aronian's attempts to crack the position, Carlsen declined a draw (which cinched clear first for him) and found a way forward. Carlsen's performance takes him to 2870 and sends a reminder to Anand that the kid is likes long games!

Comment

Working...
              X