Chess players wanted to work as extras in a movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chess players wanted to work as extras in a movie

Figuration Julie Breton is looking for tournament chess players, MALE (Caucasian type), to work as extras during the shooting of a movie on Bobby Fischer. The shooting should be held in Montreal from October 15 to early December.

All men will get an haircut (1960 style).

Figuration Julie Breton is also looking for trainers, arbiters and demo men.

If interested, please contact :

ps_booking@figuration.net

You should mention your NAME, PHONE NUMBER, AGE, HEIGHT AND WEIGHT, and include a picture.

Re: Chess players wanted to work as extras in a movie

Originally posted by Louis Morin View Post
    Figuration Julie Breton is looking for tournament chess players, MALE (Caucasian type), to work as extras during the shooting of a movie on Bobby Fischer. The shooting should be held in Montreal from October 15 to early December.

All men will get an haircut (1960 style).

Figuration Julie Breton is also looking for trainers, arbiters and demo men.

If interested, please contact :

ps_booking@figuration.net

You should mention your NAME, PHONE NUMBER, AGE, HEIGHT AND WEIGHT, and include a picture.
    That's great. Some chess movies suffer with unskilled background actors moving pieces incorrectly. I remember one player reaching across and moving her opponent's piece!

Did they prefer scorebooks or scoresheets back then? And no algebraic notation. Openings mainly Ruy Lopez and Sicilian? I remember Hart House's big demo board with hooks (photos in Chess Chat). How will they handle the smoking?

Comment

Re: Chess players wanted to work as extras in a movie

Hi Louis, thanks for this post. I live close to Montreal. Is there a website somewhere with more information?

Bien a vous

Comment

Working...
      X