"Is he a good person, this man?" - Fischer "Oh yes, I think so" - Hilmarsson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Is he a good person, this man?" - Fischer "Oh yes, I think so" - Hilmarsson

In Helgi Olafsson's recent book, 'Bobby Fischer Comes Home' pg. 87, there is a story about Viggo Hilmarsson and his successful attempt to get a signed copy of 'My 60 Memorable Games' for "a Canadian friend".

Fischer enquired "Is he a good person, this man?" Viggo answered "Oh yes, I think so." Of course Bobby would only sign the original Simon and Schuster version.

Whoever he is, this Canadian man, he is not only good, but quite fortunate to have such a rarity on his hands!

Re: "Is he a good person, this man?" - Fischer "Oh yes, I think so" - Hilmarsson

My guess is that the 'friend' was actually american... ;)

Comment

Re: "Is he a good person, this man?" - Fischer "Oh yes, I think so" - Hilmarsson

My guess is Iona Campagnolo. : l
      "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
      "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
      "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

Working...
      X