So when does our Toronto move happen??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So when does our Toronto move happen??

I know the message has to be repeated often....so here it is...

Open on Bayview on Saturday, June 21, 2008

Closed everywhere in Toronto June 22 and 23...we reopen on Mt Pleasant on June 24 2008..same phone number...Mt Pleasant is 701...just south of Eglinton...support us!...or we will disappear!

Chess'n Math opened on Bayview 15 years ago...and thanks to the great support of the Chess Community over the last 15 years, we are alive and well!

We now move to Mt Pleasant Rd. The cost of the move is close to $20,000. It was not our choice to move...but a new landlord with dollar signs in his eyes resulted in this decision. Our new landlord on Mt Pleasant, at least at this stage, sounds like a reasonable fellow.

We have a 5 year lease. If the Toronro chess community supports us ...then we will renew...if not...we will fold.

Since we established ourselves in Toronto in 1993, we have always felt that the Toronto chess community was very happy that we were there! We have awesome customers who we enjoy and respect!

In otherwords, the more you support us, the more we have the financial ability to support the chess community in Canada.

At the end of the day, you decide on what is important for chess in Canada.

Sincerely,

Larry Bevand
    Executive Director
    Chess'n Math Association

Re: So when does our Toronto move happen??

Hi Larry;
    I'll need some books for some donations so I'll still support you after the move.
    John R. Brown

Comment

Re: So when does our Toronto move happen??

This move will be very successfull!!! Living in the nearby neighbourhood for a Century,I know what makes it go. In fact Mt. Pleasant/Bayview areas draw from an upwardly mobile successful middle/upper class with education for its kids as a #1 goal.Strategy Games fits in there with its products.I have referred a 1000 customers to its store and more to follow-and the feedback has always been positive.I for one am looking forward to the new locale.....

Comment

Working...
      X