No CFC ratings update?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No CFC ratings update?

There hasn't been a ratings update this week. Were there no events, or is the office having a problem?

Re: No CFC ratings update?

Originally posted by John Coleman View Post
    There hasn't been a ratings update this week. Were there no events, or is the office having a problem?
    John, I have asked this question at the current governors meeting. No answer yet.

Comment

I think that when the ratings are updated, there should be a message on the home page... easy enough to do. If the ratings are delayed, for some reason, I think that should be on the website too.

For average players, participation in rated tournaments is just about the only benefit of CFC membership.

Comment

The rating fees have not been paid.
        We are waiting for an answer.I
        wonder what happened?

Comment

Originally posted by James Williamson View Post
          The rating fees have not been paid.
          We are waiting for an answer.I
          wonder what happened?
          What do you mean by "The rating fees have not been paid."? That makes no sense to me.
          ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

CFC News Feed has the story.

Comment

I don't see no story about CFC ratings on the news feed.

Comment

New Rating Update Day - Fridays

From the Governors' Meeting (I am assuming this is not confidential):

1. ED Michael von Keitz moved the ratings update day from Wed. to Fri. starting last week;
                2. Michael took ill, and was unable to do the rating update on the Friday;
                3. He will be working to complete the missed Friday update ASAP;
                4. The next update after that should be the new, now standard, one of this Friday.

Bob A, CFC Public Relations Coordinator

Comment

Re: New Rating Update Day - Fridays

Though I don't know all the factors involved, from a member/organizer point of view moving the ratings update to Fridays is a bad idea.

Comment

I would like to see the weekly ratings update remain on wednesday.

I have posted the following in the governors meeting:

"Wednesday updates are perfect, they allow enough time for TD's to get their tournament submissions in from the prior weekend, and allow TD's and players adequate time to prepare for the upcoming weekend. We didn't just pick wednesday willy nilly, it is the optimal day for the update. It has been that way since December 2007 when I instigated it. Prior to that, they were done every 3 weeks, if that. We must not now begin another backslide in services. We've seen this movie before."

Comment

Hi Bob:

I agree with you that doing it on Friday is too late. My first thought was about the scramble with setting up stuff for a weekend tournament. If it's being moved to Friday, my first question would be "why?"

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Douglas View Post
                        Hi Bob:

I agree with you that doing it on Friday is too late. My first thought was about the scramble with setting up stuff for a weekend tournament. If it's being moved to Friday, my first question would be "why?"

Steve
                        I agree with Bob G, Steve and others who say Friday is the worst day. It negatively affects the operations of weekend tournaments. I think Bob G is likely right when he says due consideration was given years ago when the updates went to weekly, on Wednesdays. Wed. does seem to remain the ideal day.

And I agree with Steve when he states that no reason has been publicly presented to put forth the alleged merits of moving to Friday.

Bob A
                        Last edited by Bob Armstrong; Tuesday, 8th October, 2013, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post
                          I would like to see the weekly ratings update remain on wednesday.

I have posted the following in the governors meeting:

"Wednesday updates are perfect, they allow enough time for TD's to get their tournament submissions in from the prior weekend, and allow TD's and players adequate time to prepare for the upcoming weekend. We didn't just pick wednesday willy nilly, it is the optimal day for the update. It has been that way since December 2007 when I instigated it. Prior to that, they were done every 3 weeks, if that. We must not now begin another backslide in services. We've seen this movie before."
                          The CFC is paying to have the events rated. It's up to them to set the day for the updates.
                          Gary Ruben
                          CC - IA and SIM

Comment

I don't play rated chess, but if I did, I would want to see my new rating as soon as possible after an event. I know that several local juniors, and their parents, always eagerly await rating updates.

It seems to me that an important effect of delaying crosstables and ratings is to reduce the players' excitement about the event. Yeah-yeah, I know that in the good old days we had to wait two months till the magazine came out, but that was then.

I like the US and CMA system where ratings are automatically calculated as soon as a crosstable is submitted. When we spent $18,000 on updating the website 3-4 years ago, I think it a great shame that automatic updating wasn't included.

Comment

I don't see no story about CFC ratings on the news feed.
                              CFC On Line Meeting.:)

Comment

Working...
                              X