Friendly match in Toronto?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friendly match in Toronto?

Is anyone interested in playing a short CFC-rated match in Toronto next week? I'm available from Tuesday the 29th to Saturday the 2nd. Scheduling depends on your availability. I'm free most of the week: during the day is great, but evenings are OK too. We can play either 1 or 2 games per day.

I'd say 2 or 4 games, fairly short, maybe 90 min + 30s/move (I'm flexible). And we can meet more or less anywhere: I will be based in the Annex, but I will have a TTC pass.

I'm rated 2224 right now, so by CFC regulations you'd need to be at least 1824 and not more than 2624 for the match to be rated. Ideally you'd be as close to my playing strength as possible, for competitive balance, but I'm not picky. The main thing is sportsmanship and a laid-back attitude, since this'll be a friendly bout. I'll pay the rating fee, but you need to be a CFC member (you can renew online if your membership is expired). No prizes or stakes. :-)

Any takers? It'll be good practice for your next World Championship Candidates match!! :-) You can reply here or message me at morgon.mills (at) gmail.com. (If you email me, be careful about the spelling of my first name, or I might never get your message!)

Alternatively, if you want to play a match but don't want to rate it, I'd consider that too.

Re: Friendly match in Toronto?

Wow: 120+ views in one day, that's remarkable. Anyway, I've received a couple of replies privately and I have found an opponent. Thanks very much! ChessTalk, what a resource.

Comment

Working...
    X