This makes it all worthwhile!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This makes it all worthwhile!

In 1978 (yes 35 years ago!), I made the decision that I would make a living organizing chess in Canada. The early years were difficult but hard work, good people joining in, and lots of luck have combined to allow me to realize my dreams.

In 1985, I founded the Chess'n Math Association, a not-for profit group dedicated to chess for kids.

All these to come to the point of this post :). On the weekend two parents came up to (one yesterday and another one this morning). They both started the same way...You won't remember me but I use to play in Chess'n Math tournaments when I was a kid! Today they are bringing their youngsters to our tournaments and lessons...one can not ask for a better confirmation that an organization is making a difference in kids lives :).

Needless to say, I am feeling pretty good today :).

Larry

Re: This makes it all worthwhile!

And so you should. It takes a smart man to make a living while doing what he loves and contributing to his community.

Comment

Larry, thank you for sharing this story. Best wishes for many more days like today. :)

Comment

CMA is an incredible organization and it is a pleasure (most of the time :)) and an honour to work for Larry.

Comment

Larry, You have done more for Chess in Canada than any person can generally do...you are indeed the superman of Canadian Chess!

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Ritchie View Post
            And so you should. It takes a smart man to make a living while doing what he loves and contributing to his community.
            Hear, hear! If it wasn't for Larry (and Brad), I would still be generating PowerPoint charts in an office dungeon! ;)

Thank you thank you thank you guys! :)

Comment

Well done, Larry.

Comment

Hi Larry:

Congrads - you have built an efficient and effective chess organization - Canada has been lucky!

Bob

Comment

Working...
                X