Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 Aurora Opens

We got bugged LOL

After looking into the GTA chess calendar ( https://www.google.com/calendar/embe...merica/Toronto ) and available dates in our beloved chess scene - Aurora Legion, we reserved these dates for 2014 tournaments:

March 8-9 2014 Aurora Spring Open
    July 5-6 2014 Aurora Summer Open
    October 4-5 2014 Aurora Fall Open
    Details of the tournament shall stay similar: 5 rounds CFC rated swiss events in 4 sections (Top, U2000, U1600, U1300) over two days. When more detailed information will become available, I let you know.

Re: 2014 Aurora Opens

I'll be doing my best to play in all 3. Very enjoyable tournament environment in Aurora. Hopefully I'm able to move my rating a little bit to avoid having my pairing thrown from the bottom of the pool to the top and back again.

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew Nicholson View Post
      I'll be doing my best to play in all 3. Very enjoyable tournament environment in Aurora. Hopefully I'm able to move my rating a little bit to avoid having my pairing thrown from the bottom of the pool to the top and back again.
      What is so bad about that? 3 strong players, 2 weak players, is better than 5 mediocre players. Plus there is always a chance you could provide an upset, except when you are playing against Razvan lol
      University and Chess, a difficult mix.

Comment

What is so bad to upset Razvan? That the way to a top spot. Follow the Victor LOL

Comment

Working...
        X