Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yo Nigel...

Nigel,

You completely missing the point in that thread you closed. This message board is SUPPOSED TO BE REAL NAMES and the posts should be deleted.

Of course, I guess you get to see the IP numbers of the posters and the other info so I guess you have a good idea who's posting.
    Gary Ruben
    CC - IA and SIM

Re: Yo Nigel...

Originally posted by Gary Ruben View Post
    Nigel,

You completely missing the point in that thread you closed. This message board is SUPPOSED TO BE REAL NAMES and the posts should be deleted.
    Yes, true, but all sorts of fake accounts are set up and I can do nothing about them as moderator. In any case, the point of having real names was as a remedy to inappropriate postings, foul language, etc. which was not applicable in this case.

Of course, I guess you get to see the IP numbers of the posters and the other info so I guess you have a good idea who's posting.
    Thanks for the reminder.
    Dogs will bark, but the caravan of chess moves on.

Comment

Originally posted by Nigel Hanrahan View Post
      Yes, true, but all sorts of fake accounts are set up and I can do nothing about them as moderator. In any case, the point of having real names was as a remedy to inappropriate postings, foul language, etc. which was not applicable in this case.

Thanks for the reminder.
      Umm. Your ostensible reason for closing the thread was that maybe the troll was in fact Wesley So. I don't see how you arrived at that conclusion, and if so, then why close it? You also concluded that somehow people, including Gary, were being "insulting" to Mr. So. No sir. People were calling Mr. U. on his own statements, whoever Mr. U. may or may not be.

You have defended the troll.

Steve

Comment

Gary:

I've sent you a PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Douglas View Post
          Umm. Your ostensible reason for closing the thread was that maybe the troll was in fact Wesley So.
          Nonsense. The anonymous poster was being used for target practice. That violates the spirit of the posting rules here.

You're welcome to denounce me for moderator atrocities. Have at it!

Comment

I replied.
            Gary Ruben
            CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Nonsense. The anonymous poster was being used for target practice. That violates the spirit of the posting rules here.

You're welcome to denounce me for moderator atrocities. Have at it!
              Excuse me?

Please explain why you closed the thread.

The most recent thread activity was started by Anonymous, is mostly filled by posts by anonymous, and you closed it to "protect" him/her from "target practice"?

Puh-leeze.

Please explain why you closed the thread. Gary asked for an explanation. I am doing so as well.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Douglas View Post
                Please explain why you closed the thread.
                I gave my reasons in that thread. Quit wasting my time and yours.

Comment

I gave my reasons in that thread. Quit wasting my time and yours.
                  Ofergodsakes. Is there some reason you can't explain why you closed the thread? Cuz the answer isn't in that one and it's not here. Where was there "target practice" against somebody who posted non-stop and was clearly obnoxious. You're defending an anonymous obnoxious poster.

Steve

Comment

Working...
                  X