1,000 Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1,000 Club

I would imagine that the 1,000 Club, CFC chess players who have tacked on 1,000 rating points in a single year, must have an exceedingly small membership. I remember being greatly impressed with Razvan Preotu's run in 2010 from 1425 to 2014 but that's 'only' 589 rating points (and Razvan has since added another nigh 500 points!).

That rating gain has now been dwarfed by 9-year-old Nicholas Vettese, currently playing out of 3! chess clubs, who has seen his rating balloon this calendar year from 924 to 1967, with still another 5 weeks of chess left in the year to reach 'Expert' status. Is this a CFC record?

Re: 1,000 Club

Originally posted by Jack Maguire View Post
    That rating gain has now been dwarfed by 9-year-old Nicholas Vettese, currently playing out of 3! chess clubs, who has seen his rating balloon this calendar year from 924 to 1967, with still another 5 weeks of chess left in the year to reach 'Expert' status. Is this a CFC record?
    Playing a lot has own perks :)

During Aurora Summer Open still in U1600, in Fall moved to U2000, in Spring will jump to Top certainly :)

Heroes should be known in face too

Comment

Thanks for pointing this out and thanks for the lovely picture. A noteworthy accomplishment. I'll start preparing for him now.:p

Comment

Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
        Playing a lot has own perks :)

During Aurora Summer Open still in U1600, in Fall moved to U2000, in Spring will jump to Top certainly :)

Heroes should be known in face too

Wow! Nicholas has played more games than I've played in my entire career! :O
        i rep back 3+

Comment

If by '1000 club' you mean having played over 1000 CFC-rated games, then I likely qualify :)

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Maguire View Post
            I would imagine that the 1,000 Club, CFC chess players who have tacked on 1,000 rating points in a single year, must have an exceedingly small membership.
            If you start low enough, it should be possible.
            ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Working...
            X