Anyone listened to:

The Age of Persuasion
    Hosted by Terry O'Reilly

We can discuss this here or in private: bevand@chess-math.org

I think he is totally awesome!

Larry

Re: Nothing to do with chess...

Hi Larry:

I love his stuff - only hear it from time to time though. Interesting to get some inside view on the world of advertising/marketing.

Bob

Comment

Is this the same Terry O'Reilly who used to play for the Bruins?!
      everytime it hurts, it hurts just like the first (and then you cry till there's no more tears)

Comment

Originally posted by ben daswani View Post
        Is this the same Terry O'Reilly who used to play for the Bruins?!
        Yes, he's reappeared as an advertising / marketing guru just when the world needs such a person!

Meanwhile, Dave "Tiger" Williams is signed up for Segway ads where he rides the machine horsey-style, on an ice rink of course. His book, "Black Eye Of The Tiger", to be out soon.

And Bob Probert has signed a contract for Miller commercials in which he plays a bar bouncer throwing out people who have had too many Coors or Budweisers. His parting line to them as he throws them out: "Now it's MILLER time!" After which the Miller High Life guy (who was just on the Tonight show) comes along and tries to take away the Miller High Life stock, and Probert punches his lights out.
        Only the rushing is heard...
        Onward flies the bird.

Comment

So Larry do you ever get any promotional ideas from Terry?

Comment

Originally posted by Ken Craft View Post
            So Larry do you ever get any promotional ideas from Terry?
            Hi Ken,

There is an article on him in The Globe & Mail this morning. I haven't used his stuff but I find it totally fascinating :)

Larry

Comment

I listen to his show whenever I can, last one I listened to was the history of PR. I wish his programs were available on demand I would listen to each one. Very knowledgeable and also an entertaining presentation, a rare combination. Actually some episodes are online http://www.cbc.ca/ageofpersuasion/

Of course I'm something of a marketing expert myself having two marketing courses as part of my program at Ryerson.
              Last edited by Zeljko Kitich; Friday, 5th June, 2009, 09:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X