Windsor contingent to World youth Chess Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windsor contingent to World youth Chess Championship

Like always Windsor team has style! They hosted a dinner for their players going to WYCC.
    More info on the team blog.

Re: Windsor contingent to World youth Chess Championship

The dinner and awards ceremony was conceived, organized, and funded by Igor Gaisinsky and Chau Diep, the parents of Adam and Jacob Gaisinsky. About 50 people attended, including CFC President Vlad Drkulec, Youth Coordinator Frank Lee, and MP Brian Masse.

More details, and links to a zillion photographs, at www.windsorchess.com

Comment

Wow! :)

The Windsor organizers really do go that extra mile to motivate and support their chess kids.

Well done, a class act indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post
        Wow! :)

The Windsor organizers really do go that extra mile to motivate and support their chess kids.

Well done, a class act indeed.
        ditto

Bob A

Comment

Totally agree! The folks in Windsor have a "chess community" and not simply a bnunch of individuals learning and playing chess.

Congrats to all involved and special kudos to John and Vlad who are doing this from their hearts!

Be Proud...you guys are awesome!

Larry

Comment

I'd just like to reiterate that it was the parents who came up with the idea, organized everything, and paid for everything. All I did was show up and feed my face.

The coaches of the Windsor players are Vlad Drkulec, Zoltan Kiraly, Istvan Kiraly, and Frank Lee. Herb Alice and I playing "training games" (i.e., act as punch bags) from time to time.

Comment

very cool. i'm jealous ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Hansen View Post
                very cool. i'm jealous ;)
                Hi Eric:

Maybe......if you get good some day :) :)....someone will have a dinner for you too + certificate from the MP (can I get an invite?).

Bob A

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Armstrong View Post
                  Hi Eric:

Maybe......if you get good some day :) :)....someone will have a dinner for you too + certificate from the MP (can I get an invite?).

Bob A
                  You need a good member of parliament like Brian Masse (who is a member of the NDP). We also got a nice letter from MPP Theresa Piruzza a Liberal two years ago when we first qualified four kids to WYCC and they all went.

Parents like Igor and Chau who organized and paid for this are a cornerstone of why Windsor can send so many kids to WYCC and CYCC year after year. Chau also started the ball rolling on some CBC interviews that I and some of the kids did which led to other CBC interviews.

The parents sacrifice a great deal of their time and energy for the kids and allow them to be chess heroes and heroines. This builds excitement in other children and leads to more chess play. Some of them are reporting that they have already reserved rooms for 2014 CYCC in Montreal.

Comment

Working...
                  X