No electricity at our Toronto shop for now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No electricity at our Toronto shop for now

We hope to get power back in time for this key pre-Xmas shopping day. Please call the shop first before going there...416-486-3395

Larry

Re: No electricity at our Toronto shop for now

Call in the army!

Comment

Re: No electricity at our Toronto shop for now

Originally posted by Hugh Brodie View Post
      Call in the army!
      Hi Hugh,

We here in Pickering, just outside Toronto and not serviced by the Toronto utilities, lost our electricity. We were out for just under 5 days. The local warming center treated us real nice until our hydro came back today and there's still a chance it might go out today when the winds pick up.

Our local councilor who is the deputy mayor and the city mayor both visited the warming center often. Mr. Ford is NOT our mayor.

Regarding calling in the Army, and I know you're kidding, I can't see the purpose. I've now seen ice storms crashing down wires and having to be restored from both sides. The current one as a person who is caught up and a little more than half century ago as a Hydro worker (not in Ontario) who worked fixing the lines and replacing poles broken by the weight of ice on the hydro lines coupled with a stiff breeze to get the wires swinging.

This storm and the damage is for the civilian forces to repair because they are the professionals. Fly in crews from areas and provinces not effected and as the areas of damage are repaired those crews move to areas served by other hydro companies so there are more professionals working on fewer outages.

I know Mayor Ford is being carefully watched these days. The thing is he is handling things properly, in my opinion, and the work is being done. The problem is the Premier didn't tell the elected councilors that Ford is the elected Mayor and they should work with him or quit. Plain and simple. Instead she's working with a person who is a front for the what appears to be a dysfunctional Toronto City council. In a decade or so he can read the history books and see how he it's portrayed.

Anyhow, there are still lots of people without electric power in our area and I never heard anyone at the warming station calling for the military to be called in.

We went home a couple times a day to feed our dog, Beware.
      Gary Ruben
      CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Working...
      X