Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Year prediction

New Year predictions!

I will predict that 2014 will be the year of the Juniors! The young ones seem to be hard-wired to their computer chess programs. They are showing outstanding talent at an ever younger and younger age. Last year’s meteoric rise by Razvan Preotu may well be matched by 9-year-old Nicholas Vattese and 8-year-old Harmony Zhu. Harmony has just won the World Championship for 8 and under age group and I’m inviting her to our Saturday Rapid to show off her skill as well as her gold medal.

Will you play this Saturday? Please RSVP.

Thanks,
    Vlad D

Re: New Year prediction

Thanks for the invitation. However, we are still at UAE for a short break and will not be back at that time.

From Todd

Originally posted by Vlad Dobrich View Post
    New Year predictions!

I will predict that 2014 will be the year of the Juniors! The young ones seem to be hard-wired to their computer chess programs. They are showing outstanding talent at an ever younger and younger age. Last year’s meteoric rise by Razvan Preotu may well be matched by 9-year-old Nicholas Vattese and 8-year-old Harmony Zhu. Harmony has just won the World Championship for 8 and under age group and I’m inviting her to our Saturday Rapid to show off her skill as well as her gold medal.

Thanks,
    Vlad D

Comment

Well lucky you!

The weather here is awful - verrry cold and icy sidewalks.

But the invitation is good for a rain(snow?) check. Just say when.

Comment

New Year predictions!

vettese looks strong for the NAYCC. shoudl be #3 seed.
        Last edited by Joshua Hu; Thursday, 5th June, 2014, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by joshua hu View Post
          vettese looks strong for the NAYCC. shoudl be #3 seed.
          nice prediction, congrats to nicholas vettese on his second place finish at the NAYCC u10 and new CM title.

Comment

Thanks for the kind words toward Nicholas. While having a definite preference for first place, I think I can safely say he came home tired and relatively pleased. Congratulations to all the other kids of various ages as well.

Jeff (Nick's dad)

Comment

New Year predictions!

Thanks,
              Vlad D
              nice predictin on vettese, not so good on zhu whose rating went down, but nice vettese call.

Comment

Working...
              X