Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KW Winter Open 2009 - Feb 14, 15, 16

Whew!
    After a number of problems plaguing the website, I hope that we have everything sorted out ...

Please visit www.kwchess.com to read about the KW Winter Open happening this next weekend: Feb 14, 15, 16 ... the new holiday weekend.
    Two rounds on Saturday, two on Sunday and one on Monday with enough time left over to get you home to your family, friends or loved ones.

To register, go to www.chessreg.ca ... register in advance and you will save on your entry fee.

A list of pre-registered players (in spite of the website problems) is posted at: http://www.kwchess.com/kwwinter09/kwwo09prereg.html

OH, and if you are trying to click on the link posted on the CFC website under tournaments, the URL in our "ad" is incorrectly formatted ... use the link above please.:D

If you have any problems with any of the above, please feel free to email me at: patrick@psmcd.net
    ~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~
    Patrick McDonald

:D********;)

Re: KW Winter Open 2009 - Feb 14, 15, 16

Reminder:
    ;) Pre-registration will save you $15 on the entry fee.

:D You can pre-register online and bring your payment with you on Saturday morning before the first round ... Pre-Register at: http://www.chessreg.ca

:D We have a pre-registered list up on the Website at: http://www.kwchess.com on the right, click on the KW Winter Open and then click on Pre-Registered.
    ~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~
    Patrick McDonald

Comment

Excellent Job, Patrick, I guess I better get my hiney to Kitchener this weekend!!

Comment

Unbelievable. Over 100 pre-reg. Is there enough room

Comment

I have just spoken with Patrick on the phone.

Someone registered almost 30 people from 1 IP address today and Patrick put them on the list, beleiving they were coming.

He and I have called a couple of them, and lo and behold, they are not.

So, Patrick is setting up the site right now and can't update the pre reg list until later tonight.

I don't know who the bogus names are, but I do know that there are over 70 players registered (FOR REAL) and I'm looking forward to another great KW Chess Club tournament over the weekend.

Patrick will update the pre reg list as soon as he can

Why would someone take the time and energy to falsely register about 30 people to "screw up" the organizers?

Gary Gladstone

Comment

Gary,
            Thanks for alerting everyone as soon as we found the problem ... I have updated the listing and it seems it was not just 30 bogus entries ... It seems there were more in the range of 50!!!

Well, it still looks like it should be a good tourney ... and now I have lots of extra boards set up for people to still show up ... (yes we would have had room for that sort of number ...)

I believe that I have the list pretty well correct now ... please check the listing .. if I have deleted your name and you ARE coming, please let me know ...

Thanks for everyone's patience ...:)
            ~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~
            Patrick McDonald

Comment

Wow...what a scumbag would do such a thing.

I would report this to the RCMP. Clearly whoever did it is knowledgeable about the chessplayers in the Toronto area and is very maliceful. They should enjoy some of Her Majesties hospitality.

Well, it still looks like a good tourney...wish I could play.
              Bill Evans

Comment

OK, here is a possibly hypothetical question:

If I were to find out who did this, and it was someone playing in the tournament, what would be the suggestions about what to do about it, if anything?

Just wondering about what people would think might be fair?
                ~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~
                Patrick McDonald

Comment

Working...
                X