Anthropogenic Planetary Destruction (not a climate change thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anthropogenic Planetary Destruction (not a climate change thread)

Anthropogenic Planetary Destruction (not a climate change thread)

Chemicals: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskat...82082?cmp=fbtl

Bob A
    Last edited by Bob Armstrong; Friday, 10th January, 2014, 11:13 AM.

Re: Anthropomorphic Planet Destruction (not a climate change thread)

As I read this article, about destructive pesticide use, I wondered if Monsanto was involved.
    So I googled Monsanto and Neonics. Bingo.

http://www.prwatch.org/news/2013/06/12152/buzz-monsanto

Monsanto has its fingerprints all over this.

But I'm sure Gary will be along shortly to tell us it's just more "scientists" and their scare tactics.

Comment

Re: Anthropomorphic Planet Destruction - Honey Bees in Danger

Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post
      As I read this article, about destructive pesticide use, I wondered if Monsanto was involved.

But I'm sure Gary will be along shortly to tell us it's just more "scientists" and their scare tactics.
      Colony Collapse Disorder (Honey Bees) - long but well worth it if you value bees: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EIxzN1cmZc .

Bob A

Comment

Not me. You can believe in the tooth fairy and free money for all I care.
        Gary Ruben
        CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Ruben View Post
          Not me. You can believe in the tooth fairy and free money for all I care.
          …..never mind!

Comment

…..never mind!
            What happened? Did Jack Frost nip you in the errr... bud.
            Gary Ruben
            CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Well, since you asked. I had a witty reply, but then I thought maybe you wouldn't get it,
              then maybe you would twist it, and well,
              I finally decided it wasn't worth the effort explaining it to you!
              No insult intended, just how could I ever match your debating skills, err I mean persistance! :)
              Last edited by Bob Gillanders; Tuesday, 7th January, 2014, 04:29 PM.

Comment

Honey Bees in Danger: Anthropomorphic Planet Destruction (APD)

Originally posted by Bob Armstrong View Post
                Colony Collapse Disorder (Honey Bees) - long but well worth it if you value bees: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EIxzN1cmZc .

Bob A
                How Monsanto silences scientific dissent. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShJTcIlTna0 .

Bob A

Comment

We sure could use some of that promised global warming right about now.

Comment

Well, since you asked. I had a witty reply, but then I thought maybe you wouldn't get it,
                    What difference does it make if I get your witty reply? There must be lots of people reading this who will get it.

My idea of funny is the gift certificates the Ontario Liberal government is giving out. We lost our electricity for a few hours short of 5 days. The indoor temp here got down to 1 degree C. Not even the milk in the fridge was spoiled. Although we did throw out some things which weren't completely frozen as a precaution. I don't see any provisions for the elderly, disabled or shut ins to get a certificate. Only those who can line up for hours in bitter cold temperatures. Some systems look after the needy and some look after the greedy.

I guess an increase in taxes is coming to support that program.
                    Gary Ruben
                    CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Climate Change & Global Warming

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
                      Hi Vlad:

Be careful what you wish for.....it is coming, rather haphazardly, affected by the climate change factor (weather extremes, including cold), and it is not going to be pretty.

Bob A

P.S. Your post is really a climate change one and should be reposted there. This thread is on APD (Anthropomorphic Planet Destruction), which is we human's incompetence, aside from the climate change danger.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
                        For sure. Another day of this, I guess.

I grew up in Winnipeg. Probably my complaining about these temps is my inner Wimp on display.
                        Gary Ruben
                        CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Re: Climate Change & Global Warming

Hi Bob,

You write better comedy than I do. ;)

Gary
                          Gary Ruben
                          CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Re: Climate Change & Global Warming

Originally posted by Bob Armstrong View Post
                            P.S. Your post is really a climate change one and should be reposted there. This thread is on APD (Anthropomorphic Planet Destruction), which is we human's incompetence, aside from the climate change danger.
                            Not really. My post is a comment on the weather.

Comment

Situations like the one described in your video is part of the reason why most people take what scientists and peer reviewed journals tell us with a grain of salt. They tend to lie to us and tell us whatever truth those that are signing their pay checks want us to believe. The actions of certain agribusinesses as documented on CBC and public television station documentaries can only be described as scary and worthy of cartoonish James Bond or Austin Powers villains rather than sentient human beings. Alas the real villains may be much worse than the psychopathic fictional ones.

Comment

Working...
                              X