Teaching Chess

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teaching Chess

I took over running the school chess club this year. I've never been much of a student of the game (just a player.) Can anyone offer any quick tips or suggestions to help me get the best out of my students and improve their games?
    Small Business Coaching

Re: Teaching Chess

I believe the CFC site still contains the excellent teaching manual prepared by Tom O'Donnell.

Comment

Re: Teaching Chess

I use the cfc manual as well. It's an excellent resource and the table of contents alone is handy if your principal wants some kind of coursee outline. Depending on the ages of your students I can recommend two websites for video clips. If you have upper elementary - high school I sugggest www.thechesswebsite.com. If you have lower elementary or younger go with www.chesskid.com. Both sites have good free material for starters but becoming a paying member will give you access to more. I use chesskid for my lunchtime club with grade 1-3 students. I have 38 minutes so I show them a video clip while we are eating our lunch and then they play. It's been working well. My principal agreed very quickly to paying for a year membership. Good luck with you club!

Comment

Working...
      X